How should I catch up with my ex?

so the break with my ex was mutual and we decided to stay friend it's been excatly two months since we ended things. It was still a hard break up because we still have feelings and care for each other a lot. At the beginning I told him to give me space to get use to the idea that we're not together anymore and so we don't talk everyday. Last month he called twice in a week that one time was to catch up and the second time was because he was feeling down. We agree to catch up with each other at least once every month now but since it's Christmas break, and finals are over, is it a good idea to catch up over the phOne or meet up for coffee and talk then?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Do whatever you want. I don't really see the point in people staying friends with exes. Usually it just ends in drama.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say do ot over the phone. I did the same thing wit my ex we talked for like 3 hoirs on the phone but we never saw each other. Cause you have to understand that seeing the person that you care about so much in front of you, its gonna make you want to hug hom or kiss him or if things heat up then have sex and then you find yourself in a toxic cycle. So, yo prevent that from happening you should talk to him on the phone catch up and get back to your normal life. Of course its hard its Christmas and you wanna have that someone with you and everything but if you guys decided to ended was for a reason and you guys are taking baby steps to move on which is not too bad. Its just a longer process but the moment you see him cause you wanna "catch up" but really you end up having sex or even just making out. Alll that progress you had made will go down the drain. So its up to you, like the other guy said it always end up bad. So the best thing is not to talk to your ex. I stopped talking to my ex for about 2 years and when we talked it was like we were still really good friends. So if i were you i would cut any contact with him for at least 8 to 12 months after so you can move on faster and also have him in your life in the future if you want. Good luck!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It's good that your breakup was amicable but if I were you I would give yourself more time away. If you keep meeting up you'll keep reopening the wound and you won't be able to fully move on.

Meet up once you've completely moved on and don't feel like you want him at all anymore.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes