Am I allowed to rap along to a song that says 'n****', or do I have to blank it out, if I'm white?

I never really know where I stand in this situation, because on one hand it's just lyrics and blanking it out kinda disrupts the flow a little, but on the other hand there are obviously seriously negative connotations associated. Also it is just like a curse word at the end of the day- similar to Bitch (even though much worse), so I don't think it should be bad for me to pronounce it when I'm rapping along, but then I don't want to be disrespectful. Bottom line is, I'm wondering whether it's okay or not?

Also whilst on this topic- really sorry if this comes off appallingly racist but I'm pretty ignorant (Russians don't have white guilt ahah) - why are black people allowed to call each other n**** but when a white person says it, its really racist and bad? Surely if it's that terrible then black people wouldn't call each other that?

89

Most Helpful Guy

• first of all, you have your right to free speech, you can say whatever you want, so yes you are allowed to do that.

secondly, if you're a white girl around black guys, yup. if you're around black girls you'll probably get yo ass beat.

• Hahah not so sure about the freedom of speech part! But the general consensus is that it depends on the person I think!:) thank you tho!:)

Most Helpful Girl

• I can understand that you wanting to say the N word because it flows in a lot of songs. Im black and its something that a lot of us use in everyday conversation honestly but we will not say it in the presence of a white person. If your raping in the comfort of your home, and noone is around... then yes. But when your around blacks... no. Its something that will definitely will offend us coming from a white person.

• But if it's in a song why will it offend? But okay I will definitely remember that thank you!

• I feel like you shouldn't condone her raping in the comfort of her own home 😳