Why do men/women want to keep in touch after a break up?

okay in most cases women want to keep in touch after break up
but WHY?

answer me damn it
why make the drama take longer
break ups means the end
why men /women  want to keep in touch after break up ?

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• there sure was a reason you were a couple right. and boy/girlfriends turn into best friends so i guess some girls (and boys too) want to stay in touch afterwards because even though they lost a romantic partner they might not want to lose a friend as well.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because women's brains function on feeling and emotion. They have an emotional connection to you so they want to keep that connection.
    Logically, as a guy thinks, it's over and done. It makes no sense to keep trying to communicate.

Just one of the many differences between men and women - the FI tries to tell us we're all the same. NOT!!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Not all breakups happen because of bad blood. Sometimes you think, wow, he/she is a really great person, but I'm just not happy.
    Of course, you should give them time and space to get over you before trying to pose friendship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just because there's usually so much time you invested into an ex that letting them go is so hard. People don't want to. I didn't, even though my ex was horrible. I wanted to keep her around just casually, but we always ended up fighting. Better off letting an ex go

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't speak for all females, but I know for me it's because I have a hard time letting go so I stay in touch with my ex just to make myself feel better.

1|0
    0|0
  • I told my husband if we broke up I would still fuck him I just love having sex with him all his girlfriends would hate me

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't do relationships, so I wouldn't know... 😂
    Maybe they want to be able to check on each other, and see how things are going... lol 😅

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe they're were close in a relationship and they don't want to lose the friendship they had in it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Simply because they still have feelings for each other and don't want to lose the person and the relationship completely.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea, since I'm a bridge burner.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because they still like the indivudual

0|1
    0|0
  • because they still have feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • To have a back-up plan, or because they still have feelings.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• well, there is a special something that is deep down in the heart that you don't know what it is, but it's just that I can't live without hearing from you, It just seems impossible I don't know why

0|1
    0|0
  • Dunno, I've never had anything to do with my exes once we split. My last one said I was too controlling (I wanted her to quit smoking, she was coughing up blood). She got the hint to stay out of my space after I told her I no longer cared what she did (we split after she cheated on me with her "ex"), that included jumping off a bridge into the Ohio River.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I do because I don't try to BURN 🔥 Bridges I want to cross again 😌.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women do it to have a fallback plan.
    Men do it for booty calls opportunities
    Some people do it just to see the schadenfreuderiness when the ex inevitably fucks up their life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because there's still something that also pulled them together and they still want and like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • if I ever get a situation where a woman asks me to just be friends, I would cease all comunication

0|0
    0|0
  • For women, they like to keep tabs on their ex and make sure they aren't as happy as them. If the guy gets a new girlfriend and is happy while the ex girlfriend is still single, she'll be pissed, but if she gets someone and the guy is single, he is just glad that someone else is taking up her time and he doesn't have to deal with it anymore.
    I think people are an EX for a reason, and unless there are kids involved, it's better to never have to talk to them ever again. That's what I've done.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all situational. I've never been in a relationship but there's still women i talk to that I dated where it didn't work out but we still talk. Each situation is different.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes