What is the best way to end things with someone?

.. that you were never actually in a relationship with? I sent him a respectful (not rude at all) message basically saying we should stop texting/calling each other. He text me back basically saying ok then don't text me. Few days later he texts me, apologized and says he wants us to keep seeing each other. We did. Fast forward to now, I'm not even close to satisfied with how he treats me most of the time. So I want to end things with him for good. Should I just do the fade out? Every time I try to do that I end up responding to his text because I feel so bad & think it's rude to ignore him. What should I do or say? I don't want to continue seeing him because as much as I'd want everything to be good & as much as I put in effort I see no changes on his part.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems to me that you want to give this guy a chance but he can't seem to seize the opportunities to make you happy consistently. You're obviously attracted to this guy because you keep responding.

My suggestion is that you have a serious conversation with him, let him know where your head is and express to him you want to explore a different option if that's the case. I do not recommend ignoring him until you have fully expressed everything and been completely honest. It sucks but it helps.

Who knows he might step it up and give you what you need or he might understand that hey it's time to part ways.

I just don't think that holding things in are a good way to go to begin with. Just come out and tell him. I'm pretty sure he will take it hard at first but what person wouldn't?

1|0
    0|0
    • This is true. I liked him and was interested in seeing where we could go with it. I told him over and over what the issue was but he hasn't changed. It's like beating a dead horse. I have him a lot of chances & really put in effort but I don't think he's serious about me else he would've made changes.

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't have physic powers to know how to treat you. You must tell him.

Don't text him about breaking up. Say it in person. Its rude to text that.

0|2
    0|0
    • I've been telling him the same thing over and over to no avail. He still hasn't changed at all. I don't know what else to do except move on with my life.

• Show All
    • Ok thank you for the suggestion!!

• You are welcome :-)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• "Thank you for all the good times. However, I don't think this is going to work out so it's best that we end it here. Best wishes for the future!"

2|0
    0|0
    • That was the nature of the text I sent him but he was basically like Just don't text me then. Then few days later he comes back, admits he treats me bad sometimes and like an idiot I went right back to him. It's hard to let him go.

• The thing is to see if he changes permanently or if he goes back to his old ways again. People will say or agree to almost anything to avoid being dumped.

• If you respect him tell him whats wrong, and that you have no feeling for him anymore. Guys really hate not know what they fucked up, we tend to try to fix whats broken. He will try to fix it a few times, just gently tell him its over

1|0
    0|0
  • Its best to stop responding or msging the person that ur brking up with. Its weird and awkward talken to sumone ur brking up with anywayz. Guess ur juz lying to urself afterall ;P

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no best way..

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk to them.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• i prefer talking face to face

0|0
    0|0