What is the best way to end things with someone?

.. that you were never actually in a relationship with? I sent him a respectful (not rude at all) message basically saying we should stop texting/calling each other. He text me back basically saying ok then don't text me. Few days later he texts me, apologized and says he wants us to keep seeing each other. We did. Fast forward to now, I'm not even close to satisfied with how he treats me most of the time. So I want to end things with him for good. Should I just do the fade out? Every time I try to do that I end up responding to his text because I feel so bad & think it's rude to ignore him. What should I do or say? I don't want to continue seeing him because as much as I'd want everything to be good & as much as I put in effort I see no changes on his part.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems to me that you want to give this guy a chance but he can't seem to seize the opportunities to make you happy consistently. You're obviously attracted to this guy because you keep responding.

My suggestion is that you have a serious conversation with him, let him know where your head is and express to him you want to explore a different option if that's the case. I do not recommend ignoring him until you have fully expressed everything and been completely honest. It sucks but it helps.

Who knows he might step it up and give you what you need or he might understand that hey it's time to part ways.

I just don't think that holding things in are a good way to go to begin with. Just come out and tell him. I'm pretty sure he will take it hard at first but what person wouldn't?

• This is true. I liked him and was interested in seeing where we could go with it. I told him over and over what the issue was but he hasn't changed. It's like beating a dead horse. I have him a lot of chances & really put in effort but I don't think he's serious about me else he would've made changes.

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't have physic powers to know how to treat you. You must tell him.

Don't text him about breaking up. Say it in person. Its rude to text that.

• I've been telling him the same thing over and over to no avail. He still hasn't changed at all. I don't know what else to do except move on with my life.

• Ok thank you for the suggestion!!

• You are welcome :-)