Moving to big city?

I'm planning on moving to a bigger city, however, I have some issues, mainly job wise. I hear from family and friends, jobs are hard to come by. I require a full time job (I'm paying off a car) but one that doesn't require full blown qualifications and certification. Are jobs of the sort really hard to come by? What are your experiences moving to big cities?

11

What Girls Said 1

• Well, definitely do some research online about rent and job listings. I would seriously consider making sure you have a job secured before you move. However, if you have enough money saved up to cover for at least 2 months, then definitely hit the pavement, stay motivated in finding a job.

I moved to a bigger city on the West Coast.

It's difficult finding a job in my field and I am a college graduate.

Consider finding a roommate, a *good* roommate or even a family who is looking to rent out a room.

Be safe, though! (as far as choosing a roommate, if you are moving near a university town, consider living close to there, there may be college students looking for a roommate...maybe graduate students, they *might* be better/more considerate roommates.)

Good Luck!

What Guys Said 1

• Depends on what you mean by a "big city"

If your talking about a city as big as Chicago or New York even McDonalds pays well above minimum wage.

Tucson is a minimum wage town period.

There are more jobs in Chicago vs Tucson simply because of the number of people & businesses.

There is always something to do in any city but more nightlife in a bigger one.

I like a mid to smaller size city as the pace is slower & the people are friendlier.

There is a lot to think about such as apartment costs & commuting to work probably by public transportation. Not to mention a higher cost of living, hence the bigger salaries.

Good luck, it should be a great experience.