If a guy/girl didn't take the initiative to talk to you after a breakup, does it mean it's over? What can I do?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• If you break up then it's 'over' by definition... of course it's over.

• We don't usually say 'let's break up' unless it's a relationship. In that case, both of us are not in a relationship, just that things went wrong and we decide to give each other some time to think to see if we are still able to carry on. What if I haven't hear anything from him?

• Hmmn, tricky. Maybe it's over, but it's also quite possible that he's worrying about the exact same thing. Or maybe he feels he's always the one that has to take initiative... just try and start a conversation with him and if he doesn't respond you can conclude it's over. You don't have anything to lose :-)

• Maybe I should. I don't want to come off as some drama queen or too desperate. And he's always so cool or silent. If a girl is always making a fuss, won't the guy also feel sick of it.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd give them a few days, all the same. Most likely if they don't contact you, it means it's over, but some people are just so proud that even though they want to contact you, they can't bring themselves to be the one to make the first move!

• Yup. It's over. He's moving on, and you should too. Put everything behind you.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, if after a few days they don't talk to you, then it's probably over. All you can do is move on!

• I don't understand why you expect him to talk to you after you guys break up. Ex's usually don't talk to each other after it's over

• He's not really my ex. Just that we know each other for a long time and have been too comfortable with him. Lately, he doesn't seem to cherish the relationship between us so I took the initiative to talk to him hoping he could tell me where goes wrong. But he brush it off saying there is no problem. I told him I need some time to think about us again and decide to take a break. He is shocked but still say nothing. Thought he would ask me whether how is it going.