My ex boyfriend told me he's "better off alone" now even though he's talking to another girl. Was it on purpose?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, to stay away from you.

• Then why would he occasionally flirt with me?

• Like sending pictures and making pointless promises

• Occasional flirr and pointless promises? Pictures? He is just keeping options open.

And good thing is , he finds you innocent and sincere.

• Time to move on sweetie

What Girls Said 1

• My ex boyfriend said the exact same thing to me. For my situation, it turned out that he was just using the girl to try and get over me, which didn't work for him. I would say either he has something going on with her and doesn't want to admit it because he doesn't want to hurt you, or he doesn't want anyone to know at all that he is talking to this new girl. Usually the guy tries to say that the new girl is "just a friend" or something, but she really isn't in my opinion. I'm sure there's times where it's different, but when my ex said that to me it was because he didn't want to hurt me with telling me about the new girl.