Feeling jealous of boyfriend's ex?

I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 26... I gave him my virginity, and of course he wasn't a virgin when we had sex. I didn't mind though, because he is older than me and it was (almost) a given that he probably had had sex.

He's very attractive, but he's a shy guy who is probably one of the nicest people you will ever meet and he's a great catch. My friends all said I had high standards and that I wouldn't meet someone who fit them, but I have.

He always looks out for me and tries his hardest to make me happy and he tells me he loves me.

I'm really good friends with his best friend. On some occasions she has mentioned his ex-girlfriends since she had been with him through it all. When I was told about her, I started wondering what he saw in me. She was apparently tan, thin, blond, and wore a lot of make up. I'm not a jealous person normally, and its not so much that I'm jealous of the sound of her... I just don't get it. I'm not like that at all. I'm short, very fair, and have dark curly hair. Everyone says I'm naturally very pretty and make up isn't my thing. Also, apparently he broke up with this girl because she was a little bit "crazy" as my friend told me. When we were all talking, the subject of past relationships came up and my boyfriend said something along the lines of, "I just don't like to think about them sometimes because they hurt too bad."

I definitely look like I'm more his type and by knowing him you'd think I was more his type. His best friend actually set us up because he had been telling her how pretty he thought I was and how he just really liked me, and she knew that we'd be a good match. She was right, and he was right.

I just can't help but feel like... if he dated this girl... what does he see in me? Who is really his type? I feel angry at the thought of it... like maybe I'm being lied to.. I trust him but I feel insecure at the same time.. and it just makes me angry that she hurt him too... its a weird feeling, again, because I'm not normally a jealous or insecure person.
Feeling jealous of boyfriend's ex?
1
0