Feeling jealous of boyfriend's ex?

I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 26... I gave him my virginity, and of course he wasn't a virgin when we had sex. I didn't mind though, because he is older than me and it was (almost) a given that he probably had had sex.

He's very attractive, but he's a shy guy who is probably one of the nicest people you will ever meet and he's a great catch. My friends all said I had high standards and that I wouldn't meet someone who fit them, but I have.

He always looks out for me and tries his hardest to make me happy and he tells me he loves me.

I'm really good friends with his best friend. On some occasions she has mentioned his ex-girlfriends since she had been with him through it all. When I was told about her, I started wondering what he saw in me. She was apparently tan, thin, blond, and wore a lot of make up. I'm not a jealous person normally, and its not so much that I'm jealous of the sound of her... I just don't get it. I'm not like that at all. I'm short, very fair, and have dark curly hair. Everyone says I'm naturally very pretty and make up isn't my thing. Also, apparently he broke up with this girl because she was a little bit "crazy" as my friend told me. When we were all talking, the subject of past relationships came up and my boyfriend said something along the lines of, "I just don't like to think about them sometimes because they hurt too bad."

I definitely look like I'm more his type and by knowing him you'd think I was more his type. His best friend actually set us up because he had been telling her how pretty he thought I was and how he just really liked me, and she knew that we'd be a good match. She was right, and he was right.

I just can't help but feel like... if he dated this girl... what does he see in me? Who is really his type? I feel angry at the thought of it... like maybe I'm being lied to.. I trust him but I feel insecure at the same time.. and it just makes me angry that she hurt him too... its a weird feeling, again, because I'm not normally a jealous or insecure person.

01

What Guys Said 1

• My advice to you sweetie would be to accept yourself the way you are before expecting someone else to accept you. Looks isn't everything. You have to look deeper into yourself than just looks because if that's all someone has to offer than that person's time is short. Look within yourself! Remember that looks is only what attracts two people to each other, but by no means does it keep them together. Think of all the wonderful things you have to offer him for that is what makes you unique as a person and that's what allows you to shine. We all have a light that shines within us in different ways and to him, your light may just be as bright as the sun. No reason to worry sweetie. You'll be just fine. ; )

What Girls Said 0