Is there a specific day that'd be extra bad to break up with your SO on?

My cousin just broke up with his long time girlfriend of 1 & 1/2 years today on Christmas Day after pressure to get engaged.
She very unfairly gave him an ultimatum, get engaged or she's going. My cousin said it didn't feel like the time was right, so that was the end of her.

Have you ever had someone break up with you/broken up with someone at a bad time or on a significant holiday?

816

Most Helpful Guy

• I thinj Christmas, birthday's, new year's and Valentine's are the worst break up holidays to break up with anybody.

That girl shouldn't had pressured your cousin like that because you can't force nobody to marry you.

Most Helpful Girl

• A holiday or a birthday. The worst holiday is Valentine's day.

No offense, but that was pretty jerk-ish to do that on Christmas Day. At least wait a week or so. I understand she may have been a bit ridiculous, but it's Christmas for God's sake.

• Nah I see where you're coming from, and I may not have explained it well, but she was the one that wanted him to leave then and there if they weren't gonna get engaged.

• Ah, okay. Then that's her problem lol

• Yeah ahah