Is there a specific day that'd be extra bad to break up with your SO on?

My cousin just broke up with his long time girlfriend of 1 & 1/2 years today on Christmas Day after pressure to get engaged.
She very unfairly gave him an ultimatum, get engaged or she's going. My cousin said it didn't feel like the time was right, so that was the end of her.

Have you ever had someone break up with you/broken up with someone at a bad time or on a significant holiday?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I thinj Christmas, birthday's, new year's and Valentine's are the worst break up holidays to break up with anybody.

That girl shouldn't had pressured your cousin like that because you can't force nobody to marry you.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A holiday or a birthday. The worst holiday is Valentine's day.

No offense, but that was pretty jerk-ish to do that on Christmas Day. At least wait a week or so. I understand she may have been a bit ridiculous, but it's Christmas for God's sake.

1|0
    0|0
    • Nah I see where you're coming from, and I may not have explained it well, but she was the one that wanted him to leave then and there if they weren't gonna get engaged.

• Ah, okay. Then that's her problem lol

• Yeah ahah

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Lol your cousin did the right thing, that girl was just after the ring xD

I don't recall breaking up with my exes in bad days, but I think the Christmas season is a bad time, just like Valentines, and her bday. Also if she's going through something bad like the death of a family member or her parents just got divorced.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think breaking up on a Holiday, Birthday, A Day that a loved one passed away
    is something that is hard to swallow. My ex-girlfriend, broke up with me it was like days after Valentines day and not long after my birthday. It was hard to swallow but sometimes timing can't be helped.

1|0
    0|0
  • probably like jayjay16 said... after someone you're very close with dies. It's the worst when you leave at a time where that person would need your support the most.

Christmas, birthday or Valentine's Day may turn a day that's supposed to be special into a shit one, but at the end it's not much different than breaking up on any other day. But when you lost someone... it might throw you into some serious depressions

1|0
    0|0
  • If there is truly love from the person getting dumped, then I believe any day would feel just as bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • Our marriage anniversary, our son's birthday, her birthday would certainly be bad.
    But all days would be bad.

2|0
    0|0
  • Christmas, birthday, or any day that something really tragic happened to them (death in the family, lost job, severe illness, etc..)

1|0
    0|0
  • Christmas Eve
    Christmas Day
    New Years Eve
    New Years Day
    Birthday (yours or your SO's)
    Valentine's Day

1|0
    0|0
  • Christmas, Valentines, Birthdays
    But I still agree with your cousin, he kind of pushed her into making that decision.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not on a holiday but it was her birthday and she left me for another guy at her own birthday party

1|0
    0|0
  • Christmas
    New Year's
    Thanksgiving
    Valentine's Day
    Her Birthday

1|0
    0|0
  • Once on my birthday an Ex called it quits with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Holiday or birthday.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't pick a specfic day or you'll scar someone

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, their birthday lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Exams, birthday, valentines day,

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• the worst is when I was 16 and my boyfriend at that time was 18. i broke up with hom a week after his mom passed away. I wanted to break up with him way before that but I felt the timing was always bad because of his mom and he always made me feel bad. but I just couldn't take how he treated me. always bumming everything, from me, doing nothing but sitting at home smoking weed and so on. i couldnt take it anymore and had to end things.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well in that case she gave him an ultimatum, which is a different situation, because she gave him the option of breaking up with her. Normally I would say any major holiday (including Valentines Day for obvious reasons) or their birthday. Also if they mention that they had a bad day I would avoid breaking up with them that day.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never have, but I feel like most would feel gutted if they got broken up with on Valentine's Day 🤔

1|0
    0|0
  • No but I know someone who's been dumped by the same person twice & on both terrible days.. She dumped him the day a family member of his passed and also on his bday. Next level petty.

1|0
    0|0
  • My close friends boyfriend of six years broke up with her after her mom died

1|0
    0|0
  • When they are going through a bad time such as lost job or relative dies

1|0
    0|0
  • I broke up with my ex on his bday

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes