- Our relationship lasted a very emotionally intense 6 months
- I broke up with him, not because of anything he had done, but because I wasn't 100% that we would end up marrying each other like he was.
- We go to the same church, and for 3 weeks after our break up were still seeing each other there and were in contact about church stuff.
- The 4th week he decided to leave church (in part because of other things as well) but also because it was hard to see me (understandably) since we both knew we still had feelings for each other.
- We had said that we'd like to remain friends but I know that will only come in time, once we've both healed emotionally.
- So now, although we broke up a month ago, it's only been one week since he's officially told me "goodbye for now" and we haven't been in contact at all.
So from my perspective, texting him wouldn't mean that I want to get back together, and I think deep down he knows that we won't ever get back together, but it would just be a nice gesture... especially since it's Christmas, and if we wish strangers and coworkers a Merry Christmas, isn't it weird not to wish someone who means so much more to you? But at the same time, I'm torn... because I don't want to open up a healing wound either...
- Text him Merry Christmas
- Don't text him Merry Christmas