How to stop feeling lonely at night?

in morning everything seems fine but as soon as i come to my bed at night i just realise how lonely i am. i miss my ex boyfriend so much i can't even sleep

327

Most Helpful Guy

• Make yourself busy during the day, do a lot of activities, socialize and meet new people, improve as many as skills you can and spend time on practicing and learning new things. Hire yourself somewhere do a part-time job, hang out with friends and sign in classes, sports, yoga, arts etc. . and just organize yourself in a busy active lifestyle.
    As time passes away, you're gonna meet new people and the pressure of his memories slowly will be off of your mind. You will get into a new chapter of your life where you automatically will let go of the older chapters. And at the end of the day, you will be tired enough to fall asleep in a blink without having time to think about anything.
    Also, give yourself some time and space. Time will solve everything.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 26

• The worst thing to do with a problem that you can't immediately fix is to dwell on it and let it consume your thoughts, it's not constructive. Instead try to focus on the simple and positive things that are within your control. A nice, warm bed. Peace and quiet. Comfort. The ability to stretch out, breathe out and just sink into the blissful feeling of sleep. Small luxuries can be big things when you truly appreciate them and they can't easily be taken away from you.

• why can't i just hv one person on my side am i that bad

• Of course you're not bad, you will have people on your side, it just takes time to find a person worth keeping. Until then you have us, as weird as we may be, lol

• Find someone else don't cling to the past. From what i read from your comments to another post your ex was a douche why keep torturing yourself. I think you need therapy to move past it you have had some shit experiences and its going to be to overcome it. I get the sense you be clingy in any relationship you get in the way you are now.

• Binge watch something on netflix

• maybe a herbal tea will help? i use lots to sleep because i feel the same but without a girlfriend, the loneliness is sharp as a needle and will sting you in the most unwanted moments

• i remember small moments with my boyfriend n miss him like hell n smtimes i jst wanna kill myself

• i apologised and begged him to talk once and solve he never listened

• it hs been 5 months n still i hvnt got a chance to explain things to him. he blocked me from everywhere

• learn to convert loneliness into solitude

• hit us up, girl!

• Find a friends with benefits.

• so far the only thing I've been able to do about this is hug a pillow and fantasize about something nice, and if I manage to sleep this way it's okay

but at the same time sometimes i feel really bad and sad about it and want to die

• Start feeling lonely in the morning too, so you won't notice the difference

• masturbation keeps loneliness away

• Seriously?

• loneliness will make you strong so learn to embrace the solitude and the strength that accompanies it

• Dat booze

• Body pillows to the rescue (: 😍

• I'm lonely 24/7. I just keep pushing through.

• Fuck yourself

• Bash one out !

• honestly the only thing that has ever helped me in this scenario is positive affirmations

• Have you tried watching porn and masturbating?

• hahaha, i love when women feel like this. Fucking women. Die alone bitch

• Hey, woa... slow down. Just take a deep breath. Its okay. Those men are idiots for doing that and you are so much more stronger than me. I'm so sorry you went through that. I would never do that to a girl. You are such an amazing girl. Wow

• I'd hate to be this person but it's worse when you realize you've never had someone at leat you've had someone before.

• Is it really your ex that you miss? It could be that you just hate loneliness.

What you're talking about is something many people go through when they lack in emotional needs. I'm sorry but, there's no solution except to address these needs.

• its been 5 months n he hasn't evn tried to contact me when i hv begged him to just talk ones. i dont underdtand how just talking to other man on phone makes me a slut

• I'm sickened to read many of my fellow "men" comment such comments.

This is an issue I've had to endure for the past 12 months or so since a rather abrupt break up of several years and homelessness. Although I managed to find places to "live" the constant feeling of being lonely even when I've not been alone have been overwhelming. It's a difficult emotion, because it can lead you into sticky situations as these cretin that call themselves "men" are suggesting. Having some one night stand will NOT help (I've tried and tested this method) and it only makes matters worse.

Unfortunatly I've not found a solution other than my now very unhealthy lifestyle that means being busy from the moment I wake to the moment I fall asleep.

• Bring home some one nighties to keep you busy

• Time to get a pet, take your time, when you are ready you can try to get back in the dating scene and try again, take what you learned from your first relationship and try to avoid repeating the same mistakes all over again.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• hug your pillow

• You miss talking to him on the phone or miss being with him in the bed?

• talking to him

• sort of though i dont think that would be the exact case. he left me because of misunderstanding and didn't try to solve it

• Misunderstanding!
      Ohhh... Sometimes men don't bother to clear things out... Esp our desi men. They don't bother to even listen.
      I feel for you.