Did the no contact rule... he did not reply yesterday, but before no contact he said he missed me sent me 6 texts begging to be friends?

So my ex behaved quite poorly, and as a result we broke up. (Technically I called a break, he decided to say I love you but I'm not in love with you ) he is extremely depressed and drinking a lot. My guy friend says he probably sees himself as the victim because he's ashamed of what he's done and this is easier for him but I can't even figure out if he is okay or not. Before no contact he even wanted to drive an hour to my house to give my stuff to me but I said no. What's going on?

He also sent me 6 texts before no contact upset I didn't want to be friends at that time, but now it's radio silence.

11