It's been 2.5 months and I really miss my cheating ex?

When does it stop? Anyone been in a similar situation? We were together for a year and she was the first girl I fell in love with and I thought she loved me too (obviously she didn't). I hate her for it and I'm so incredibly mad at her and don't want her back or at least I don't think I do. Like I keep imagining her coming back to me and begging me to take her back and apologizing for everything and I give her hell for what she did, but then I just get sad and realize that if it did actually happen I'd probably take her back even though she was a bitch and I know I shouldn't at all because I miss her so damn much. It's such a weird feeling and I want it to stop, I don't want her back yet I do. Was wondering if anyone has experienced it before?

45

Most Helpful Girl

• Has she begged you back? Is she with him? Cheating doesn't mean she doesn't love you. Sex and love aren't always connected and people make mistakes. if my husband admitted it (ie. I didn't find out on my own) and was ready to talk to me I'd try to work through it.

• No she hasn't and is way too proud to do so and weirdly enough cares too much for me to come back since she knows I deserve way better than that, at least that's what I tell myself. She cheated at a party after she did some drugs and was really messed up. To make matters worse the guy she cheated on me with is without a doubt one of the biggest douchbags I've ever met in my life and she even agrees with that (met him once, they work together, he was grinding eith his good guy friend at the bar and I mean REALLY grinding it was so fucking weird and he just kept saying how he wanted to fuck some random bitches etc I hated the guy from the first 10 seconds of meeting him). He's just a very good looking guy, that's all. I don't know if she's with him, but I very highly doubt it. She kept saying to herself only stupid girls fall for a guy like that and he's not as smooth as he thinks he is. Alright she cheated, but really? It had to be that complete jackass, out of all people?

• also she never admitted to cheating but I know for a fact she did (I have my reliable sources). Her reasoning for the breakup was that she never loved me and she couldn't make pretend she did anymore. I don't buy that when she told me she loved me everyday and told me how happy I made her. I mean the week before this happened she told me that she was thinking of me and she got goosebumps from being so overwhelmed about her feelings for me and she's never felt that for anyone before.

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems like you actually desire the opportunity to "get back at her"

Give it 6 months to a year and you won't care

Also start hooking up with random women. Many women have wronged me but I don't think about for more than a week because I always keep back up options

Is it scummy? Yep. But it's not as bad as being in your sort of situation

• I started dating new girls 2 weeks after the breakup and have been consistently seeing a girl for the past 2 months. It helps, but not sure how much.