It's been 2.5 months and I really miss my cheating ex?

When does it stop? Anyone been in a similar situation? We were together for a year and she was the first girl I fell in love with and I thought she loved me too (obviously she didn't). I hate her for it and I'm so incredibly mad at her and don't want her back or at least I don't think I do. Like I keep imagining her coming back to me and begging me to take her back and apologizing for everything and I give her hell for what she did, but then I just get sad and realize that if it did actually happen I'd probably take her back even though she was a bitch and I know I shouldn't at all because I miss her so damn much. It's such a weird feeling and I want it to stop, I don't want her back yet I do. Was wondering if anyone has experienced it before?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Has she begged you back? Is she with him? Cheating doesn't mean she doesn't love you. Sex and love aren't always connected and people make mistakes. if my husband admitted it (ie. I didn't find out on my own) and was ready to talk to me I'd try to work through it.

0|0
    0|0
    • No she hasn't and is way too proud to do so and weirdly enough cares too much for me to come back since she knows I deserve way better than that, at least that's what I tell myself. She cheated at a party after she did some drugs and was really messed up. To make matters worse the guy she cheated on me with is without a doubt one of the biggest douchbags I've ever met in my life and she even agrees with that (met him once, they work together, he was grinding eith his good guy friend at the bar and I mean REALLY grinding it was so fucking weird and he just kept saying how he wanted to fuck some random bitches etc I hated the guy from the first 10 seconds of meeting him). He's just a very good looking guy, that's all. I don't know if she's with him, but I very highly doubt it. She kept saying to herself only stupid girls fall for a guy like that and he's not as smooth as he thinks he is. Alright she cheated, but really? It had to be that complete jackass, out of all people?

• also she never admitted to cheating but I know for a fact she did (I have my reliable sources). Her reasoning for the breakup was that she never loved me and she couldn't make pretend she did anymore. I don't buy that when she told me she loved me everyday and told me how happy I made her. I mean the week before this happened she told me that she was thinking of me and she got goosebumps from being so overwhelmed about her feelings for me and she's never felt that for anyone before.

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems like you actually desire the opportunity to "get back at her"

Give it 6 months to a year and you won't care

Also start hooking up with random women. Many women have wronged me but I don't think about for more than a week because I always keep back up options

Is it scummy? Yep. But it's not as bad as being in your sort of situation

0|0
    0|0
    • I started dating new girls 2 weeks after the breakup and have been consistently seeing a girl for the past 2 months. It helps, but not sure how much.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Cheaters can change if they actually try, but what you should do is forget the past and grow from your lesson that you recently learned.

0|0
    0|0
  • i was being cheated but after that lost all my love for him

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you really miss her or do you miss someone's attention?

0|0
    0|0
    • I really miss her, I started seeing a new girl right after her and even though I still get all the affection (if not more) than I used to, I still miss her specifically. I've never met a girl like her in my life, she really was completely different from most girls and I'm nkt just saying that bc she's my ex. I've never met another girl who was better with people than her, she was always the center of attention which is one of the reasons I fell for her and also very ironic since it's one of the reasons it lead her to cheating.

• Well the way I see it is sometimes we find a person who we think is really unique and we fall flat on our face for them but what's the use of falling for someone who's not completely into you because if she was she wouldn't cheated I know it sounds easy but try to forget her once a cheater always a cheater

• yea I'm doing my best and I wholeheartedly agree with you. If she actually loved me she wouldn't have done what she did. Like I used to tell her, if we ever broke up I'd be crushed and I know I'd easily be able to find another wonderful girl but it wouldn't be the same, she'd just be a copy and I want the original. Ugh it's so frustrating when you know for a fact you can find a better person than who you were with but still miss that person. Even the girl I'm currently seeing is pretty much better than her (way better looking, appreciates me more, is sweeter, and way smarter), but I still miss my ex. I shouldn't be missing her.

What Guys Said 4

• 2.5 months. haha.

Dude, there is a girl who left me 15yrs ago and I still wish I could go back in time and figure out a way that would've worked out better.

0|0
    0|0
    • cmon dude! Why do you have to say that? I already miss this girl like crazy last thing I want to know is that this isn't going to go away anytime soon.

• Haha, it's true though. In 1996 I was 16. There was this girl that I always had a thing for since 1993. She lived across town and I didn't even talk to her so I'd see her with other people in months would go by without seeing her. At 16 I befriended her.
      The problem was she was a bit of a slut and so good looking that men (as in 30yr olds) would always going for her. I was a kid. I didn't have a $30,000 mustang and a condo or tattoos.

She grew feelings for me by the time I was 18yrs. She didn't want to hurt me so she heisted to date me (she admitted she likes plenty of guys). She finally went out with me.
      We went out for 3 months. It was awesome. I remember her mother just in shock and saying stuff like "Nice change from the losers you are with. This one is great. Keep him".

Well, she cheated on me with a 25yr old with cool car.

I've dated several after her and was married for 7yrs too. I don't think about it all of the time but I wish I could go back in time. I get reminded of her.

• I can see why she cheated on you. You have absolutely no self value.

0|0
    0|0
    • No she cheated on me because that's what she's done in her previous 2 relationships as well (didn't know that until close to the end of our relationship). I wouldn't her back, I don't think I would, and that's the problem. That I wouldn't take her back but at the same time really want her back because I really loved her, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her so it's a bit different to any other relationship I've had.

• Show All
    • That's what I'm trying to do, have been with a few girls since the breakup and one was mindblowingly hot...5'10" blonde, green eyes, D's, loved working out so she had that squat booty, and was working on becoming an anchor and she definitely had the pretty face for it. Seriously by far the hottest chick I've been with, but she wasn't that interested so oh well. The girl that I've been consistently seeing has been trying to get into a relationship with me but I don't want to. I want to play the field so not sure if I should settle with her. I'm moving in a year anyway.

• Yeah dude you already have girls in reaching distance. Stop stressing. Go bang them man. Put yourself first.

• Take a tip from the natives and scalp that bitch.

0|0
    0|0
    • She does deserve some voodoo shit. Whatever, karma will bite her in the ass when she realises what she missed out on. She's not going to do any better than me. Good luck finding another guy who's very successful, has 3 points on you looks wise, is charming as hell, and actually treats you with love and respect and actually appreciates you. Her mom even told me that she hopes I become her son-in-law because I'm way too good of a catch for her to pass up. Once she's been married to some shmuck for a few years she'll realize how badly she fucked up.

• Show All
    • Maybe she's just a free spirited sex addict or something

• that describes her very well hahaha, she would tell me she's a hoe... she wasn't kidding. Her personality is A LOT like Summer from 500 days of Summer and also kind of like Jennifer Lawrence for some reason.

• Yes I know exactly how you feel and what you're talking about

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes