I feel like my break up is ruining me?

I wake up with anxiety that he has found someone else and therefore pushed me aside forever. I know we will never get back together because that was his choice but I just don't want to see him even kiss someone else and it's a pervading feeling that makes me lose my appetite and haunts every morning. Sometimes I sit there and cry at social events because I miss him and I want him to be mine. It's been 2 months and don't think I can do this much longer :/ has anyone gone through something similar? I'm only 17 as well I don't want to feel like this
Updates:
Some extra info: he says he doesn't want a new girlfriend because he honestly doesn't think he can find someone better than me/doesn't want to downgrade. Although I believe him I don't want to see him in love with someone else :(

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah... You are turning this into way too much drama than it needs to be, at some point you will get tired of this scenario and just be over it... He moved on... There more to life, or was he a God that you prayed to? If he broken your religion then maybe it's worth the drama.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I felt like that for a whole year after the break up. It was honestly the worst thing that ever happened to me, I took it really bad. As if someone close to me died. Every day was a torture. I was with my ex for 4 years and he left me for someone else, out of nowhere, I had no idea. One day it was all good and perfect and the next it was over. Maybe I wouldn't take it that bad if I had a feeling or if I was somewhat prepared, but I wasn't, it was a huge shock. I hate surprises.

But, you know what? It passes. Nothing lasts forever, so neither will your pain. People kept telling me this and I couldn't believe them, but now I understand. You might think that it's ruining you, but it's actually making you stronger. You're currently in training and you will get out of it very strong. The more it hurts, the stronger you'll be.

It's good if you could date others, that really helps. I couldn't but I wish I could, I would probably get over him sooner that way. I thought my ex was the best and that I'll never find someone as awesome and compatible as him, but oh boy I was so wrong! During the "single" year I got to know myself and explore so many things I wasn't even aware of. I'm actually glad about what happened because if it didn't I would never mature, I would stay ignorant about many things. Me back then and me now are totally different persons, I like me now. Me now is a badass, amazing woman. And when you're amazing and badass, you attract the same people. That's how I met my current boyfriend who can't compare to my ex one bit! If I loved the wrong person so much, can you even imagine how much I love the right one then? :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you this is really helpful! I have been on one date and the boy was better looking and smarter than my ex but he didn't help me get over him at all :(

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You're still young and will get over it. Your life must be ok otherwise..

0|0
    0|0
  • i wish i lost weight when i had anxiety, but i gain it. sigh...

0|0
    0|0
    • Please share your pain. It will make me happy. Nothing cheers me up like a woman's tears.

• It switched a couple of years ago... I don't know why I enjoy it.
      Maybe it is because I dealt with bastard women.
      I also like man tears.
      https://youtu.be/ee925OTFBCA

• The look on the other guys face that was initially crying, was a look of confusion after the older man started crying. I think he wanted to laugh because of the funny sound...

• Why did you break up?

0|0
    0|0
    • He said he didn't want a girlfriend/wasn't feeling it that much anymore. He convinced me it's nothing to do with my physical appearance so I don't blame myself and I know that feelings can just go for someone

• Show All
    • @ISaythereaint BS. You're just racist.

• No. I've had friends that have done it. It is just from observation. Not all white guys though.

What Girls Said 3

• Honey you're giving yourself too much time to think about things and keeping the feelings raw.

You need to do new things! Find a new fandom, volunteer somewhere new, ask your parents to take and SAT class, or just do whatever you need to do to get over this hump and let your feelings settle.

1|0
    0|1
  • Give it a couple year's, he is probably saying things now just because of how he is feeling. Talk to him in a couple years, just block and ignore him for now and mend your broken heart and just focus on you, i went through what you did, and i HAD major depression and it was horrible I dropped 20 pounds but after the 2 months of my break up I realized what i wanted.

0|0
    0|0
  • The biggest thing you need right now is time. Many people have prob told you this by now but it really does help. My ex and I broke up 7 months ago and I felt a similar way as you do now. I still hope things come back together some days but right now I am trying to make myself a better person. He was my best friend and we basically lived together. Honestly I feel as though you both need time to experience life. Make yourself a better person and focus on yourself, work out, go out with friends. A happy girl that doesn't sit around and wait is always more attractive. He could very well come back in the future but you need to make yourself a better person before and if that happens.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes