I told my boyfriend that I wanted to take a break last week. The reason for this was because I was beginning to have feelings for wanting to be with other people, and I wanted to get those out of my system before continuing on with my boyfriend. However, the person I'm starting to like in order to get rid of these feelings happens to be one of his close friends who shares the same feelings for me that I do him. Is this a completely horrible situation to get into? Guys, how would you feel if you're girlfriend wanted to be with one of your friends?
- I don't see a problem with it. He should be understanding of what you're going through and should want you to be happy.Vote A
- No, that's out of line and just a mess waiting to happen. That is something that is off limits.Vote B
- It really would depend on the situation and given circumstances.Vote C
- I see both good and bad with this situation.Vote D
Most Helpful Guy
That's happened to me, and I feel betrayed.
Here's what I recommend considering:
- Is dating your ex's best friend going to be permanent?
- Is this someone you really like, or someone that you enjoy the company of
- How would you feel if your ex did this to you?
- Would you still want him doing that to you, with knowing all the answers above?
This helps you frame what it would be like for him. I can tell you right now, that me and my ex get along great with helping each other; but if she ever wanted to get back with me, there would be IMMENSE trust issues.
It would be wise not to pursue your ex's friend; but if you really want to, there is nothing illegal about it. Just realise that you could be causing your ex to go through some tough times with his friend/you. It's not someone that he can just toss aside, in a worst case scenario he may have to choose a new friend.
- Show AllShow Less