How long is too long to pine for your ex before it becomes creepy, pathetic, unsettling or endearing & the most romantic thing a guy has ever done?

I've been separated for almost 2 years form my wife. & I must say that it sux. I miss this woman so much & wholeheartedly believe that she is the proverbial one for me. She knows & believes that I'm still her man even if we're separated, she is the woman I absolutely love. She still loves me, but not like I'd like for her to. She knows that she's my one but we both know that I'm not hers. I accept I, but it really sux.
An 18 year relationship, 16 yr old daughter, extended family that loved & all with the gift that was Rita. She is incredible. So self giving, empathetic, relatable, open minded, intelligent, beautiful, funny & loving, a better woman there isn't. I truly am a better man because of the time we spent together. I thank her for a substantial amount of her life's time that she shared & blessed me with.
We both made mistakes in our marriage. I bear no grudges or ill will because I know that I too, am to blame for our separation & I hope that she can forgive my trespasses.
I am respectful of her personal space & boundaries, I believe that I am very respectful to her & I want her to get all the best that she deserves. I'd like for that to be with me but it's doubtful. I'm not standing in her way of getting on with her life (at least I don't think that I am) but I am kinda waiting around on her, hoping she may come back my ways.
IS 2 YEARS TOO LONG? I DON'T WISH TO GIVE UP BUT I DON'T WISH TO BE GHOST HUNTING.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I come from a divorce too and I tell you 2 years is a long time to patch wounds or to completely forget about the other person, if you really want to win her invite her out date her do or start little by little to do everything that made her fall in love with you 18 years ago and of that doesn't work just accept it.

• I have not kept my feelings a secret. I actually have attempted your ideas & many more.
      I had accepted our time had run its course, but I was still hoping.
      It's time to completely let go.
      Thanks for sharing