In an affair situation, if the affair ends and your spouse never found out, do you tell them anyway?

What are your thoughts about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You NEVER fukkin' tell. Period. It serves no purpose other than to unload your guilt onto them. What a prick-of-misery thing to do.
    However, most affairs are found out, some way or other. A lot of it depends on how close you are with the primary spouse - some are oblivious and deserve to be cheated on anyway. It's still wrong, you should just bail out if you're gonna fuck around.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think those old movies/TV comedies said it best
    always deny
    although I'm speaking vicariously
    those friends that fell into temptation did not fare well after confessions

What Guys Said 15

• no? what possible benefit would this be to anyone, other than alleviating personal guilt? If you don't want to feel guilty, don't do it in the first place.

• The person that had the affair in my opinion doesn't deserve any respect from their partner or any other partner in the future, it's just way too easy nowadays to say "I made a mistake" or "not my fault I was drunk/it was not expected/it was an accudent",
    Back to reality, the other person deserves better, end of story, tell them, be single, go become a personal Fuck boy or Slut to someone. It's what the desire was in the first place wasn't it? Why Fuck up someone else's life also? It's selfish, the truth will come out at some point anyway.

• Keep it a secret because it already was kept a secret

• Only if you feel compelled to. I fail to see why to hurt them with the truth like that.

• No, I wouldn't. Not for years, anyway. There's enough difficulty dealing with what she DOES find out already!

• If married, NO affairs to talk about, not a problem here

If dating, then don't consider dating/sex with others as affairs! Ergo, they don't want to talk about suspicions & neither do I.

• Both spouses should know everything about each other. If one of them screws up, they should admit and apologize.

• I guess a spouse guesses as soons as the person starts having an affair.

• I'd say dont tell. But honestly, most people I talked to that had affair (or their so had affair), it turned out that somehow they found out even after it ended :/

• I would never do such a thing but if it happened i wouldn't be able to live with myself without apologizing for my wrong doing. Yes i would admit to my wrong doing.

• nope, why? you deserve to have the "guilty" conscience if you even feel that way

• if it ends and your spouse does not know about it then what is the point

• No way.

• Nope.. are you kidding!

• I have just been reading articles that I found hard to believe also, but some people actually do, they say it has helped them to move forward with the reasons the affair took place anyway? Not sure about that one, but just thought I would seek opinions on the matter... it was interesting...

• My ex girlfriend would have loved to hear that I had an affair with someone.

• If they didn't find out no

What Girls Said 1

• I can't see myself ever cheating, but if I did I'd have to come clean. I'm a terrible liar, he knows every time I've been dishonest and just waits me out. While I know how much it would hurt him he would deserve to know what I did to decide if he still wants to be with me and if we could salvage our marriage