Have you ever had to breakup with someone you really loved, but the relationship was becoming bitter? how did you get over it?

prettybutweird
I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years of which the first year was great; we did not have any fights. however, during the last year we have been arguing a lot. in fact i broke up with him twice but only to be back together in a week cause I missed him dearly and was basically falling apart. the issue is that there's no future for our relationship and it's becoming a hard work so i understand that it's perfectly rational to end the relationship before we end up hating each other. However, i just can't bring myself to do that; he's the only guy i've ever loved/been with and so I can't summon the courage to take this step. Could you give me any advice on how to deal with this, how can i end the relationship and find the strength in myself to cope with it and move on? P. s I am not being selfish here - My boyfriend has had many relationships and it won't hurt him as bad as it will hurt me - last time when we broke upi was completely shattered and he wasn't bothered much.
3
2