How to cope with your ex talking to someone else?

Me and my ex broke up 2 months ago because he didn't like me anymore. That was the reason. I thought we were both happy in the relationship but he just said he genuinely lost feelings. It was confusing because whilst he was saying this, he was telling me how beautiful I was and that he was never going to get a girl as 'good' as me. He compliemnted me these past 2 months, saying how pretty I looked and he really liked how I was smart and a nice girl. Anyway so he says he doesn't want another relationship because he can't be bothered to deal with it, but I think he is talking to another girl who is a little bit younger, and I'm really upset about it :( I just feel like im not good enough and they both go to my school and so Im going to have to see them all the time. It hurts so much and I don't know how to stop being upset about it. I love him so much still, its been 2 months and the pain is still so real. We are meeting up to talk this week as well and do you think I should bring it up?

39

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if it was me and you I would never do that to you but let's just think hypothetically. You should first think of her and you like what she has to offer that you didn't. I would think about did he like me for my ass my tits my looks. Because tbh why would you want a guy to look at your outter beauty anyway I look at girls for inter. I know lyier but that's what you gotta think was he really with me because he loved me inside. 2nd you should think about how your age is if he's young me being experience and seeing others guys are dumb and always want to go for the next best thing some guys want girls like they like there clothes won't wear the same pair for more then a month. But I want you to know your beautiful in every way shape and form just think about how he left you for a girl younger but in the end he has a dumb broad who just might break his heart like he broke your. But I'll ask him why did you lose feeling and if he says which makes sense "I just did" say no why did you what did I do in the beginning and the end

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him the truth about how you feel. But I think he was saying stuff like you were pretty etc during those 2 months because he felt guilty about seeing/ having feelings for this other girl. On the plus side he does care about your feelings and what you think to a certain degree to still put the effort to say you're pretty instead of just ignoring you, however I doubt this amount will be enough and you deserve better. Someone that thinks you're pretty and wants to stick around because he wants YOU.
    You said you already dont feel good enough. Trying to constantly stick around and trying to get the guy when he is off with whoever will just deepen that feeling. And even the right moment to depart will be painful and that's the risk when we decide to go into relationship. But even bad things don't last, and you will recover and guess what? if you stick with this guy you'll never get that genuine moment of "you are pretty", but now you're free and that means there hope you will find that special guy that loves your looks and you.

What Guys Said 8

• the best thing you can do is forget and forgive. I know it's hard to do your job while ex around... but I'm sure your supervisor at work expect more production to complete your daily work at time... and not a broken feelings. ( sorry for harsh words, but you've to worry about your job too... if you know what I mean.

what I'm trying to say is... forgiving your ex is related to forgiving yourself... and I know it won't change the past.. but forgiveness will give you the hope to start all over again.
    don't worry, he end things not because of you, but because he couldn't handle a nice girl like you.

you still young... forget, forgive yourself and start over.
    Good luck...

• Ok, why are you meeting up to talk? He lost interest. You both need to forget and move on. Meeting up to talk to trying to remain friends only keeps him fresh on your mind and prevents you from wiping the slate clean and moving on.

• I wish it was that easy but I see him everyday and we are in the same friendship group. I can't wipe a clean slate I have tried and it's just not possible it hurts me more when he's not there

• I know it is hard. You are still holding on though. You are still hoping it can work out. This is partly why it hurts to see him because you want someone you can't have. Just take one day at a time. 2 months ago really isn't that long and you just need more time to sort out your feelings. Maybe try to limit how often you see him even if that means limiting time with your other friends. It is part of healing and moving on process.

• I am still holding on because I just can't accept it's over. I don't know how to. I don't know how to move on and it's eating away at me every day

• This is a tricky situation, guys generally who are good hearted people don't pull shit like that, try to remember deep and hard anything that he said he likes or dislikes, now try to compare those things to your relationship, it takes two to tango, do you feel the conversation flow good or don't? Is the sex emotional or purely just physical? Do you work on yourself at all? Go to the gym or pretty your self up for him? He could just purely want to have sex with someone that turns him on. For me, I stay faithful and I'm honest in my relationships, I tell what I like and don't like, and I ask her the same, and I work on those things, a relationship isn't a game, it takes hard work to bring two people together, you can't have one sided opinions all the time, try getting him to open up but I repeat do not show any jealousy or question him about these other women, let him see that you are not hurt and always have a smile, show that your worth more than he is. It will fuck his head up!

• If you all have an open dialogue like that then yes bring it up but I suggest just moving once doesn't want to be with you that gas nothing to do with how good you are or you being good enough as a person

• Apparently you still want him so burn that other girls place down and claim him. But do keep in mind he was just having a good time with you and by talking to another one he is pretty much past you.

• He's your ex. You have no say anymore. You can't help your feelings but that's what they are, YOUR feelings and your to deal with. He's moving on. You're not together anymore.

• Well obviously I have no control over what he does but that doesn't help AT ALL about how shit I feel? Telling me to accept it doesn't help

• It does when you do it. To keep on thinking about him isn't going any good is it? I know it's easier said then done, I'm not trying to be mean or anything here but it's for the best for you. Keep yourself busy. Spend time with friends/family doing things you really enjoy doing to keep your mind off him. It will get easier over time.

• He's ancient history... so what... my exes never come to mind... they have the right to move on. You should too.

• Then please tell me how because I am still in love with him? I can't move on because I love him so much I want to get over him but I can't

• It's a genuine feeling and can't be helped. The feeling of being in a relationship is hard to let go. But understanding that the person won't be caring enough the way they were, will tell you that you need to take care of yourself.

What Girls Said 2

• u THINK he's talking to a new girl or u KNOW... the worst thing u can ever do is assume. :/ if someone looses feelings for someone, u have to accept it and move on. u can't force a person to like or love you. its life hun

• I assume but it's going to happen one day so I'm just preparing for the worst I guess. And I know it's life but i feel depressed and I shouldn't have to feel like this. I'm only young I don't want to waste my life being sad

• it is just ex, so let it go