Should I be over her by now?

Its been 3 months since my girlfriend broke up with me, we'd be going out over 3 years and were happy until the breakup. I've been OK for the past few weeks, enjoying being single going out with mates and I've been on a short holiday too but Lately I've just been thinking about my ex all the time. I really miss her but I don't want her back because I know it wouldn't work and I wouldn't be able to trust her. Has anyone else thought like this after their break up or something similar? I really want to just forget about her and move on.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Same thing happened to me. I thought I would get over my ex by the 3 month mark, but when 3 months passed by, I missed him even more. I think the 3 month mark is when you realize that it's truly over. No more you and her. Just you, alone in this world (hey, the truth hurts). Everywhere you go, you see memories of you two together, or something funny she said, or just missing her.

The good news is, give it another 3 months (at most, I promise), and you will be ok. In the meantime, just live and enjoy life. Let the process do its thing, and your heart will heal in no time.

What Girls Said 2

• It's totally ok to not be over her. Those things take a lot of time especially if you see her often or go to school with her. Breakups usually take months to get over unless you find someone else. Try to meet other girls and get your mind off her.

• I don't think you want her, I think you want someone. It's really hard to go from being with someone to being all alone. It's a hard adjustment to make. It really does just take time and dating other people

What Guys Said 1

• Some good advice already posted but I thought I'd add my 2c.

Three months to get over three years is completely reasonable... and it doesn't happen all at once. You'll find yourself thinking of her less and less as time goes by (it speeds up when you get in a new relationship).

In some cases it never goes away completely. My first love and I broke up 10 years ago now and I still think about her from time to time and wonder how/what she is doing.

Good luck bro.