Has anyone ever ghosted you?

How did it feel? Do you think they had a reason, like maybe you were ignoring them or had some mean things to them or cheated on them?

My boyfriend changed his number without saying anything. The last few days I was ignoring him kinda because we both said we felt like we were starting to love each other and I got scared and needed space. Now he's gone.

714

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure how I'd react in your situation but I'm pretty sure what was going on with him. His pride/feelings were hurt by you ignoring him so he decided to take it a step further, thus in the case that you resumed contact he'd be the one who was gone beyond reach first.

There is also another reason, every now and then you're just too broken hearted to not want to cast everything aside and leave. Someone with a romantic or fatalistic bent might leave town for good. This could have been a way for him to take action, to avoid drowning himself in unbearable thoughts.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. The only reason they ghosted me was because they didn't wanna talk to me anymore but didn't have the balls to tell me.
    I didn't do anything mean and, in fact, our last exchange was great and so it confused the hell out of me when I got ghosted out of the blue. It hurt me a lot too at the time. I learned to let it go and just move on. And the weirdest thing was that once I moved on (a few months later), they contacted me again and have been initiating conversations with me. But too bad, I'm not as interested in talking with them anymore, tho I still respond out of being polite whenever they talk to me. I just never initiate any conversations anymore.