Has anyone ever ghosted you?

How did it feel? Do you think they had a reason, like maybe you were ignoring them or had some mean things to them or cheated on them?

My boyfriend changed his number without saying anything. The last few days I was ignoring him kinda because we both said we felt like we were starting to love each other and I got scared and needed space. Now he's gone.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure how I'd react in your situation but I'm pretty sure what was going on with him. His pride/feelings were hurt by you ignoring him so he decided to take it a step further, thus in the case that you resumed contact he'd be the one who was gone beyond reach first.

There is also another reason, every now and then you're just too broken hearted to not want to cast everything aside and leave. Someone with a romantic or fatalistic bent might leave town for good. This could have been a way for him to take action, to avoid drowning himself in unbearable thoughts.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. The only reason they ghosted me was because they didn't wanna talk to me anymore but didn't have the balls to tell me.
    I didn't do anything mean and, in fact, our last exchange was great and so it confused the hell out of me when I got ghosted out of the blue. It hurt me a lot too at the time. I learned to let it go and just move on. And the weirdest thing was that once I moved on (a few months later), they contacted me again and have been initiating conversations with me. But too bad, I'm not as interested in talking with them anymore, tho I still respond out of being polite whenever they talk to me. I just never initiate any conversations anymore.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• that'll do it alright. you get back at least as much as you put in if a good match. especially at that crucial point in your relationship.
    He gave you what you gave him and a lot more.
    Live and learn.
    Learn to communicate openly and lovingly and articulate exactly how you feel so no misunderstandings arise.

0|1
    0|0
  • My business partner did that for a while. It was a problem because we have to manage a lot of affairs at our cafe. But now she bawls me out all the time. I regret she isn't still ghosting me!

0|0
    0|0
  • if he loves you he'll come back but don't wait more then two weeks

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been ghosted a couple of times. I've also ghosted a couple of people (I feel badly about that of course).

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been ghosted many times.. It happens but the key is I don't let that get to me. In your situation though, well perhaps you had it coming.

0|0
    0|0
  • I ghosted someone once it just wasn't working at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and it sucked. Everything was going great and then they just vanished into thin air.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well he probably thought it was over since you started ignoring him

0|0
    0|0
  • nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many times, it sucks. Especially when things go great and they say I'll see you later, text me when you get home, or ask for another date. Really messes with you head.

It seems like this is the norm now, which sucks.

0|0
    0|0
  • People tried but I don't put up with that bullshit

0|0
    0|0
  • "The last few days I was ignoring him kinda because we both said we felt like we were starting to love each other and I got scared and needed space. Now he's gone."

And you deserve to be ghosted for that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, she ghosted me after revealing I was falling in love with her. And of course it hurt like hell, still does.

I mean I said I love you, and I got silence in return, how could it not hurt, yeah? I would've respected if she didn't feel the same, just had to say it, why go silent ya know?

But anyway, maybe your guy will return, it's only been a short while, and people who do the drastic number change so early, tend to return the fastest :).

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I've dealt with ghosting but not to the changing numbers extreme! I think it's a cowardly, immature way out. Consider yourself lucky you aren't dealing with an emotional midget any longer. I'm sorry you are dealing with this, I know it's very confusing and hurtful!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep it's happened me before. I was really annoyed but got over it fairly quickly. If they're not even mature enough to give you a reason for leaving then they're not worth stressing over.

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems like I'm FOREVER getting ghost. I absolutely hate it. The person may have a reason, but it's never brought up. And when I try to talk to them about it, they always act as if there's no problem though they never try to repair anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had friends ghost me, never boyfriends. Still hurts especially when it's someone you basically lived with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, ghosting is painful. It's cruel to do to anyone and cowardly. If someone doesn't want to see you again or is upset at you for some reason then they should be mature enough to tell you upfront. I can understand someone cutting contact if you've cheated though

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes