Do girls not realize how much they emotionally hurt guys when it comes to breaking up in relationships?

I know both genders get hurt by this of course but from my experience is that guys are the one who suffer and get hurt A LOT more than girls after a break up. The fact is that girls move on way faster than guys, all girls have to do is look pretty and they can date whoever they choose because they have more options than guys while guys have to work twice as hard to get girls and even that can be difficult sometimes. I'm pretty sure most girls know that we get hurt but I feel like they don't realize how much we're hurting inside. Personally, when my ex and I broke up after 10 months I literally felt empty and soulless because I did have very strong feelings after we broke up. I think guys suffer more than girls after breakups because society tells men that showing emotions isn't manly behavior so when a guy starts dating a girl and investing/sharing his emotions with her, it means that he trusts you and after a break up it leaves him feeling like shit. I feel like sometimes girls don't realize how much they really hurt guys emotionally.

1