What's your best remedy to get over a break up?

Personally, I would delete (block) them out of my life and social media. No matter what there would be no contact. On the first few days I would let all of my emotions run out. As in rant to someone (I don't personally do it but somethings are better out then in), write a journal to express my feelings, and cry 😭. And one last thing that I did was, I joined G&G community. What's your best remedy to get over a break up?

718

Most Helpful Guy

• Have a friend to vent to like you said and you're writing it down which can be helpful.

Go out and have fun with your friends. Like go bowling or go see a movie with them or just hang out. Surround yourself with fun activities that are meant to be done with friends. It can help.

Lastly just letting it take time will help.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only way to get through heartbreak is to burn all bridges, cut all means of contact and remove all traces of him from your life. It's difficult to fully let go at first, but it's the only way you'll be able to move on from him

People tend to keep their pain raw by feeding memories , they reminisce on what was and dwell on what could've/ should've been. Their memories feed the pain. So it's important to get rid of anything of sentimental value. Gradually your feelings will fade and pain will ease and when the time's right... you will love again

What Guys Said 17

• Delete, block. no contact... and then training. Turn each heart ache, disappointment and frustration into more Gainz!

• Well I've never been broken up with before, so I don't know about that side, BUT I block them, do things I enjoy, and then before Ik it, forgotten. I wouldn't reccomend this, but Ik getting a rebound helps a lot. Haha hope this helps ☺

• Let her see me with someone younger or thinner or bigger chested. Or all three.

Living well is the best revenge though. Especially if your ex's lives go to shit after you, while yours just gets better and better.

• Pizza.

Domino's current have an online deal on large pizzas, 2 or more for £9.99 each lol @EmlatheticLady

• I cry, stop all contact, get rid of all reminders. And move on because im all i need and i can now be free of a relationship and do whoever i want

• Move forward and stay friends but keep away from the lovey dovey stuff.

• Keep busy. Make plans to do something special. Go find another bf/gf.

• Sounds like a good enough plan to me. That and alcohol.

• Friends, cocktails, music

• Keeping your mind busy.

• I usually get with someone else quickly.

• the best remedy is exactly what your doing or find another guy that you like

• Do something to occupy the mind sports, work, study?

• Time :)

• Pull

• Yep, I second the blocking on every social media you followed. Worked a treat for me.

• Did you break up with them or vice versa?

What Girls Said 6

• Remove them from everything (FB, my contact list, IG, etc.). Spend a lot of time with friends and rather than going in circles and over-analyzing every aspect of the breakup as well as the time leading up to it, talking about anything BUT my ex.

Also, immersing myself in hobbies that occupy my mind and distract me completely from dwelling on the break-up situation. Which, in my case, was going to the gym and working my ass off on an almost daily basis. 👌

• No contact
    Lots of crying
    Lots of sad songs
    Lots of alone time in nature
    Drinking alcohol

But eventually it will get better :)

• Delete every single memory of them I have on my phone and cut them completely out of my life.

• Chocolate. Dark. Lots.

• I cry, listen to lana del rey and selena gomez, eat or starve, stalk my ex until i dont care, no contact, and then once im over them they usually show up lol

• Dance my heart and anger out