Should I let my girl cry it out or try to stop her?

I'm graduating and my girlfriend still has yet to graduate because she still has yet to finish high school. she is really upset that I am going off to college because she won't get to see me every day. I know she is going to cry during my reception when she sees me. So should I just hold her and let her cry it out and then comfort her after she's calmed down a bit or should I try and stop her from crying before she starts?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• im in the same boat as your girlfriend. my boyfriend is graduating in less than a month and I'm going to be a senior next year... I'm deathly scared of him going to college but what my advice to you is... let her cry but hold her at the same time. she is going to need comfort and you to be understanding. she is going to need you to show that you love her but also be able to hold her infron of everyone. she won't want to be ignored and be sitting htere crying alone she will want y ou to hold her and prove that you love her! Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• Let her cry it out. Sometimes we can't help it when we cry. Even though we know the inevitable is coming--whether it's someone dying in a movie or someone leaving us for college--the tears just fall.

• Let her cry out definitely. But, hold her and tell her you'll call her every chance that you get. Truth is the moment you leave, if you like it or not, she's going to cry. Just make sure you keep up on calling her and keeping in contact, or she'll think you've fallen out of love with her. That never helps a girl.

good luckkk!

What Guys Said 1

• You should never stifle your own or someone else's tears when they're falling with good reason. Just comfort her and be there for her in her time of despair and need. You try to stop her and it could very possibly make her feel stupid or as if she's in the wrong for something very natural happening, she doesn't need that on top of the fact she's already going to be upset.