My girlfriend cheated on me for a year. She says that I need to give her time to get over the guy she cheated with. Should I wait or cut her off?

I know it sounds silly but here is the thing. The last year of our LDR was on and off. There were months we were β€˜together’ and there were months we were not. (she claimed she was seeing the guy when we were not together, but I do not buy that). We were in continuous contact for the whole year and there was no way that I could think we were separated (or have no hope of getting back together) for real as she was missing me, asking me when I return back and treating me romantically.

At the end of the year, she confessed and told me that she had been dating this other guy and she cried and asked for apology and our relationship back. She said he is an accident and she is no way intimate to him and she stopped seeing him. It was hard for me but I understood the LDR may have been hard on her and I believed she was not intimate with the guy and I gave her my heart and forgiveness. Hell broke loose soon she could not be committed to me after 3 weeks of getting my forgiveness. She became distant and careless again and told me we should re evaluate our relationship after meeting in person.

I went back home after a couple of months and met her. I hoped things would work out when we meet in person. Again, she was cold as ice to me and basically told me we have no hope. I took that word and was trying to forget her. Then she does not want to stop contact me to try to see if things work out. While I was still back home, I saw text messages on her phone and discovered that her affair is more advanced and intimate than I thought. I tried to break her off again.

Once again, she said she is sorry and asked me to try things out with me before I travel back again. I asked if she can be committed to me this time and not fail me like the previous time. She took her time to think and told me that she wants to marry me and live with me BUT she is in a bad and unstable mood right now and needs time before fully committing to me. What should I do?

410

Most Helpful Girl

• It's nice that you were able to forgive, that takes strength, and it's also nice that you take your relationship seriously. Since you've already given her a second chance and she failed to honor it, the best thing might be to leave her permanently (even though I know that can be really hard) since she is not ready for commitment yet and it's important that you look out for yourself because you are getting hurt and it will probably be easier to leave now than to drag it out further. The sooner you leave the sooner you'll heal and be happy. And who knows what the future might hold. :)

What Girls Said 3

• For your sake, I suggest it's time to move on. This is not healthy for you or her. It's the kind of thing that stops you from doing things that can potentially bring you happiness or discover something that can lead you to a better life. You're pretty young... you still have a whole life ahead of you and hundreds of people to meet. :) Cheers from China!

• You are strong enough to forgive her, trust me really strong. Finding such a guy is hard. It's just a sign of maturity.

• It seems you need to move on to a lady who will appreciate your loyal and forgiving nature instead of exploiting it. Best of luck to you

What Guys Said 10

• This relationship is sounds really unhealthy!!! I think she is having trouble deciding whether to be with you or the other guy. In other words, she is playing you (and the other guy too) - not being fully honest with either of you I bet. If I were you I'd get away while I still had a little self respect.

• If I were you I'd just dump her for good.

• She's a headache. Time to reclaim your manhood before your Dick packs up your testiclestreet and your bag and moves out. Stop all contact and support financial, emotional or anything else and walk away and never look back. If you want screw her then dump her when your done by text.

• WHAT? SHE CHEATED ON YOU AND YOU HAVE TO GIVE HER TIME OFF?

HAHAHA YOU'RE THE BIGGEST PUSHOVER IN THE WORLD

Seriously dude, jump ship and tell this cvnt to go fuck herself. She's using you and laughing behind your back at how weak you are.

• Dump that bitch!

• Ditch the bitch. She cheated on you and tried to play the sympathy card. Don't fall for the trap. Leave her hung and dry. She can enjoy her new boyfriend.

• Are you a cuck or what?
    That slag isn't worth anyone's time.

• cut her off immediately !

• What's her method for getting over him?

• get the fuck out of that relationship