In your opinion choose what you believe to be the most popular reason why marriages fail?

I am going to write a MY TAKE on this issue, but would like to get some opinions first. If you feel there is something else, please write it in.
  • Stop beingCurious- Familiarity Breeds Boredom
    Vote A
  • Too Much Communication- Too Many questions, texts, one party being a kill joy
    Vote B
  • Sex becomes source of stress- communication lacking
    Vote C
  • Money Matters- not thinking from you partners point of view and disagreeing on money issues
    Vote D
  • Unhealthy Dependence- too much time together
    Vote E
  • Making everyone and everything else a priority buy SO
    Vote F
  • Broken Agreements- too many over time small or large issues
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I think people are blinded by lust during the honey moon phase in the beginning of a relationship and once the sex gets routine and u get used to each other the magic is over and the negative parts start rearing their ugly head

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Unhealthy dependence in my opinion.

It doesn't have to be spending too much time together, but rather having no other hobbies to nurture the relationship.
    Or sometimes the woman is so dependent on man in every single thing like even opening a can with a can opener.
    Also desperation and fear creates too much dependence too.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• None of these are my choice. People enter marriages with the expectation that it is just naturally supposed to be fun - always - and doesn't require any effort. When one or both partners realize that marriages require work, they say "I'm outta here!"

1|0
    0|0
    • Hence Broken Agreements

• But I don't think they stop and talk about how much work it's going to take so they never even have an agreement on how they will handle problems. They have problems, look at each other and say, "I guess this isn't working," and they go file their divorce.

• I do agree, that people really do give up too easy these days... always looking for the better or newer deal...

• None of the above, although plenty of surveys have found that financial pressure was the #1 reason.
    In my experience, it has been the result of demanding narcissistic women who lacked the cognitive capacity to understand the casual relationship between the long hours that the man worked and the fact that she had a home in which to feel 'neglected'.
    Factor in that, according to government figures, a quarter of the adult female population are on prescription psychiatric medications.

2|3
    0|0
  • Unhealthy Dependence is #1. Clingy human beings are energy demons. . Imagine having Fruit loops everyday 3 times a day? You would get sick of it right? Same goes here... Both people need to take more breaks from each other. Everything else is just an excuse in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I have never been married but in long term relationships that have lasted years, communication became strained. A lot of people go through a honeymoon phase where nothing bothers them but as you spend more time together some things even the small things can cause a tift. Money was always an issue as well but this was the biggest issue I believe.

1|0
    0|0
  • People getting married for the wrong reasons. They view marriage as more of a chapter in their own life rather than as a representation of their connection to a significant other. They never find joy in sacrificing for their significant other or kids. So when their own life's impotence stares them in the face, their marriage to someone they probably haven't even really connected with gets blamed and resentment builds.

Also financial and living conditions.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think there was an actual study on this and financial reasons were found to be the main reason.

apart from that, I think broken agreements/mutual selfishness..

2|0
    0|0
  • Option h- people go into relationships thinking they're in love when they aren't. Also, sex masks a lot of hints people wouldn't otherwise notice. Once the sex stops because of kids, work, etc, that's when things to break down... at least what I noticed, especially on this site

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of appreciation , constant fecking moaning & the other party becoming a lazy burden in my own case. From a lot of men , a big compliant is lack of sex , in fact any form of affection. Because of this , many men actually believe that women just see men as utilities & nothing more , and do not give a flying one about him , the actual person. Sad , but true...& this view seems to be getting more widespread.

0|0
    0|0
  • most of the time, it boils down to money, time, or communication. money is first because people tend to bicker about it the most. time and communication are tied at second. people get lazy, and forget why they love each other

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think any of the above to be honest. I would say drug addiction/alcohol use, infidelity, and financial reasons which you did list. I voted F simply because I didn't know how to categorize the other two.

0|0
    0|0
    • Infidelity and possibly addiction would constitute broken agreements. Especially if someone became addicted to something after the marriage took place

• That's what I was thinking. I did end up voting for F.

• I would say it's none of the above.

I think it has more to do with the short attention spans of both genders. People no longer feel the incentive to work together on maintaining long term relationships because the moment a single slight comes up, they can chat up someone new online, etc.

Call me an asshole but fun fact: most women nowadays would prefer the attention and validation of knowing they are desired by multiple men versus working on a relationship with one man. Ergo you see women who have like 5 dating apps installed only to receive 500 messages from guys a day.

Now to be fair: men just want to thrill of having sex with as many women as possible. And there's even more incentive to do so given how easy the single life is for a man nowadays

What does this lead to? No ultimate incentive to maintain a marriage

1|1
    0|0
  • There are issues most of the time monetary drive people a part.

1|0
    0|0
  • Other? Most often, it's financial. People fight about money all the time. Who bought what, why did they do this, how can we afford that? Etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • It mostl comes down to selfishness and a lack of commitment due to the sexual revolution, feminism, the divorce laws, and the brainwashing of the media and education system.

0|0
    0|0
  • The affection dissipates, that is always the reason.
    These things are all just symptoms of the one and the same problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • If trust and honesty is lacking , relationships fail. Money is a big issue too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too little communication, also one tries to change the other to better suit him/her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Foreign cocks and holes usually. But sometimes there could other reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because modern relationships are now disposable

1|1
    0|0
  • everything buT SO, I voted

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• Any of those could end a marriage. But I think the biggest issue is a lack of communication and an inability to compromise. Two people who really love each other can overcome virtually any obstacle if they are willing to compromise and really make an effort to understand each other.

1|1
    0|0
  • Lack of communication/giving up. We all have this fucked up notion that you can just stop trying once a relationship isn't new anymore and that you no longer have to do romantic/nice things for your partner. Then you don't communicate on top of it and your SO feels more like you're annoying roommate than the person you married.

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted communication, texts, one party being tje killjoy. I had a man do that to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lack of communication in general. Next to that c or f

0|0
    0|0
  • The main one is communication; Not being clear in speech; or not communicating at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's a combination of everything on your list.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lack of communication and emotional unavailability. At least these were the problems in my marriage.
    My ex figured that as long as he puts money on the table I had no reason to expect anything else. So after too many years of that I filed for divorce and made his day. Finally, he had all the money to himself. Win-win for both

3|1
    0|0
  • The last one - especially agreements that went unspoken like how much time the couple would spend together, how they'd talk to each other, how they'd make each other feel connected and bonded, what they plan for the future.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes