Why do people most people almost always have the same reply when it comes to be friends with a ex?

For along while i missed my ex but wanted nothing to do with her.. after awhile i recover from what happened bewteen us. I no longer blame her or myself for what happened and i have forgive her family for what they did me. I bumped into my ex at kmart 2 months ago and when ever i go their with my girlfriend... my ex is always looking at me. I will admit i want my ex to stay in my past, but now am ready to be friends with her agin.. at least try we were friend's for 8 years before dating. So why don't people care to be friends with ex's? And why does my ex keep looking at me but doesn't try speaking to me? We both have moved on and am happy with my new girlfriend who is everything my ex should have been or any girl tbh.

11