Does my ex want to be my friend, feeling confused?

My ex broke up with me about 9 months ago (we were friends before we dated) due to off timing and personality differences. He was very insistent on us being friends in the future and I do believe did really meant it. we met up a month after the break up but it was clearly too soon for me as I got a bit emotional. 5 months go by completely NC. He reaches out one day and we finally meet up for coffee in October (although he initiated I had the be the one to actually make specific plans). We met up for almost 4 hours and it felt like the old times. He said he missed hanging out but felt like we needed the space. I'm pretty good at reading situations and I do believe our meet up went well and he enjoyed himself- maybe it went on for too long but that's really the only negative thing I could think. I haven't heard from him since other then I texted him a one like joke a few weeks later and I wished him happy bday in early December which led to a very brief text conversation. I'm just confused. Did I do something wrong during our hangout? Im
second guessing myself now. Its different if it didn't go well or I haven't heard from him since the break up. It's clear we can be friends now and I want him in my life still. What do you think?

01