I think I might have had a very early miscarriage during the break up, can you offer some comfort for my situation?

I was under incredible stress due to my boyfriend of the time. He kept being on and off with me for a month, it was so emotionally up and down.

Half a week before the end of the relationship, I got what I thought at the time was my period. But it was soo heavy that I didn't want to stay around my ex's plus he was being very emotionally volatile so I thought best not to.

Anyway that bleeding lasted probably 11 days at least and I had very bad cramping. I got sickness and diarrhoea that week and couldn't eat. Since then I've had very light almost non existent periods both times.

I was so in shock about the break up and such a state that I couldn't really process the fact that it might have been a miscarriage (would have been up to 5 or 6 weeks I think).

I have had to come to terms that my ex was emotionally abusive, starting to be physical at times, emotionally manipulative, had money problems and health complications so he was no good anyway and I haven't loved him since we broke up.

But I do wonder if I had a miscarriage or not and I'm really confused. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Or have words to comfort me? I'm feeling quite in shock about it.

I didn't say anything to him cos I just didn't trust him to care about my feelings or believe me. He made me such a state and so beaten down its only now i'm happier that I can process what might've happened in its entireity.

184

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife had a similar experience the first time she was pregnant. (Home pregnancy test was positive.) A few weeks in, she started having what seemed like an extra painful period. She called and I took her to get the ultrasound her doctor ordered. We knew on the ultrasound technician's face and didn't really need the doctor to come tell us. Not that we were hopeful by that point anyway.

I'm so sorry you're going through that.

• I'm sorry you and your wife went through that

• thank you :) soon hopefully

• I hope so, too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Please understand I'm not trying to seem insensitive to your situation - but unless you're sure that you were pregnant don't go looking for symptoms that it could have been a miscarriage. Obviously you were in a terrible relationship - what good will it do you to hear that you could have potentially lost a baby as well when really no one can tell you for sure that's what it was? It's just going to prolong your emotions around over man and extend the healing process.
    Don't invite misery in, when it could 100% have been a heavy period induced from stress

• okay, thank you you are right, I think I have to assume it wasn't and try to forget about it

• Always easier said then done though right? 😊 Onto bigger and brighter things honey

• yeah. Thank you :) Its taking me a whike to recover but I hoope I will get there soon