My ex has some serious issues I can't forgive but I still care about him, what to do?

I have tried to be his friend, still but I doesn't work. He gets upset cause we broke up and wants me to come back. He has some serious alcohol addictions and has been to rehab with my help and before we were toget her as well. I found out about his rehab after the fact of us getting together, he kept it a secret from even his closest family. But I can't keep supporting him and taking care of the problems he will not get over of fix. I have my future and my career I have to think about. I can't keep having sleepless nights and work overtime all the time to be the only one to pause the bills or contrbuite. I just can't do it. Along with the possible idea that there was infidelity in the relationship, wither it was texting other women, pictures of other women or actual sexual relationships. I can't do it. I can try to be a friend but apparently it's not an option. I'm just trying to help him out cause he is a childhood friend. And I do care about him.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Don't be upset for him but don't leave him like that too. Well keep supporting him but never forget you're the main character in the life

1|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps tell him that it is taking a huge emotional toll on you to try and support him

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He needs to get his shit together and contribute if he really wants to keep you. You can't support him forever while he sits on his ass drinking. That puts too much stress on you. Talk it over with him. See if he'll agree to get his shit together and help contribute. If he's not willing it's not worth it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes