My boyfriend broke up with me but said to let him know how I am doing?

I am not totally sure why he broke up with me but I do have some good ideas ~~ but there was no other woman. Right before the break up things were extremely close between us with him wanting more and more closeness and me agreeing to it.

Then he said he needed a break. and gave me some reasons.I said OK. A few weeks later it turned into him ending it over the phone. This is when he said he still wants to know how I am doing. I said I don't know about that.

I just let the whole thing sit until I had some kind of gut feeling tell me what to do next. Then it hit me many weeks later to call him. So I did and he was totally happy and said he still thinks about me and loves me. We talked for a very long time and left it that we would continue talking.

Now what do I do about getting us back together? I know I hurt him and he needs to know that things will be different the next time around. Do I have to wait for him to make the next contact?

5
1