Who cheats more, guys or girls?

Curious to see what people think.

• Guys
  • Girls
  • Same
    Vote C

1130

Most Helpful Girl

• I would guess guys because biologically they're programmed to "spread their seed" as much as they can to procreate while women are programmed to commit for several years to raising the child they birthed (which requires a man to protect and provide for the family)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would predict guys just based on biology and history.

Males needed to be promiscuous in a natural context for genetic survival. With a human population consisting of one male and ten females, the optimal strategy for survival is for the one male to impregnate all ten females.

Take the reverse scenario: one female and ten males. The female would still benefit from a non-monogamous approach most likely, but since she can only get herself pregnant and not impregnate others, it makes sense for her to be apply a stricter selection criteria and choose only the top males in that group with the highest perceived sense of biological fitness.

Then look at history before monogamy was invented where the top males often took thousands of wives, sometimes even tens of thousands. That's their natural inclination. It's harder to assess the natural inclination of females but they're bound to a stricter selection criteria: I would imagine even in a polyandrous matriarchal society, the females would have far fewer mates even if they had multiple -- they would be selecting the top male mates.

That's not to excuse males who cheat -- to do so would be a naturalistic fallacy. I'm just thinking the inclination is higher on the male side given their polygamous rather than hypergamous nature.

• Well, there's one thing to counter that going on the male side. Again assuming females are hypergamous in nature (makes the most sense biologically), then a male who isn't very popular with the females would have a hard time cheating even if he wanted to do so. But the most popular males at the top are generally what we can look towards to understand male behavior when opportunities are abound.

• here is the biggest issue with evolution right now with all the information that's out

is the FIRMAMENT who put it there who has the power to do that
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcp3BFBYw4&t=13s
      and if you can disprove it show me

but the only answer I have is Jesus Christ for the firmament

GENESIS 1
      And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the WATERS which were ABOVE the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven

GOD just said beyond the firmament there is water so all that blue in the sky is water
      now on top of that if you add all years from Adam until now in the Bible its been 5000+ years

there's other ancient texts that might make the earth older but it's not even close to a million years for like 10,000 years max not enough time for evolution which never happened in the first place
      let me show you it's a lie by the devil

• ROMANS 1:20
      Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to BIRDS, and FOURFOOTED BEAST BEAST, and CREEPING things
      www.allempires.com/.../evolution.jpg

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the CREATURE more than the Creator
      www.washingtonblade.com/.../...ert_by_Bigstock.jpg
      For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another

What Girls Said 10

• Any person who is bent out of shape and filled with bias would say the gender that cheated on them in the past.
    Any person with their head screwed on straight would say it is the same for both.

• I am convinced it's about the same. And probably hovering around the 65-70% mark for both sexes by the time they reach their 40's.

• That's hard to say, sense men are very sexual creatures I'm gonna say men do... maybe. but that doesn't mean women don't cheat either cause they do.

• wanted to vote same but I think guys deserves the cup more

• I think it is same

• Honestly I say both.

• Im not biased, I've dated both and men cheat a hell of a lot more

• I think it's the same BUT not everybody cheats and it depends on the person

• Depends!

• both

What Guys Said 29

• Of course , girls , I dont even talk abouit how many times they look at others guys while being in relationships
    If you agree with me , please upvote. I need xperts

• Both. In a heteronormative context, men would cheat to spread their seed and women would cheat to get better genes for their offspring (dual mating strategy). Men are more likely to get caught cheating and are more likely to admit that they cheated. Women tend to be better at hiding things because they don't want to be perceived as sluts.

• stats say men cheat more than women... not my opinion just what research has produced

• The topic has no link to specific genders.

• Most people I know have cheated, guys and girls equally. I get an impression that girls try to justify it more or only do it when they think the guy is doing it, where guys have more the attitude of "it's just what guys do, we can't help it" or something.

• Peaces of shit.

• There are more women on the planet you know...
    and to be fair, most women act on impulse & do not think...
    Most women are willing to cheat on a hint or an assumption, while many guys cheat on lack of sex or find a more sexually appealing person.

So yeah, women cheat more then men, there aren't as many guys as there are girls. You do the math.

• By far women do.

• Guys seem more infamous for cheating, but that could easily lead to girls cheating. I'm guessing it's about the same.

• Stats from a private investigator I heard on the radio said it was females who cheated more. And the single most likely to cheat type of person is a stay at home, married mother.

• Girls

• Both do.

• Guys

• Neither really cheats more. It depends on the individual to actually have integrity of character or the ability to resist temptation. Anyone has the potential to cheat.

• Both do it equally but not everyone cheats

• both
    and people who are assholes

• girls, they're just good at hiding it

• from what i know girls cheat a little more but not by much

• I think dudes do because they would to pass their seed along to as many women as possible that would let him and even some that don't let him via rape. Women cheat less as they are in nurturing and caring positions more frequently than men.

• I only have one friend who cheats. Every girl i know cheats.

• It's hard to say as there are no statistics on this

• If you're not satisfied you're going to explore my catchphrase when it comes to dating Keep 1,000 soldiers in the field bayonets affixed and 500 cavalrymen not to far behind

• Guys but girls also have a huge motivation to win this competition!

• Girls.

• guys , most of them are married men that have good job and power , of course

• girls

• Girls because I think it easier for them.

• GIRLS DO. More options = more opportunities. The media misreps things.

• For those unaware research shows that women have actually exceeded cheating faster than men.

In addition to this women are far better than men in hiding cheating and will lie vehemently even in studies on whether they were not faithful.