Why do guys get over things quicker than girls?

Why is it that when relationships end, the guy jumps back in the saddle faster than girls?
Why do girls stay in their feelings for so long after?
Is there every really any way to tell if he truly cared for you?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• The bigger thing to realize is that men get over it -by- getting back in the saddle. That actually helps men. Women are more likely to wait till they're over it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not like that at all. Guys end up regretting it later on down the track after they have celebrated being single for abit. Depending on the situation of course.

What Guys Said 6

• Are you kidding me? I took 15 years off after my last relationship. If he really cared? At this point, why does it matter? Ok, I understand, that was kind of harsh. But it seems you're seeking closure. Guys don't like to give that. But you can glean clues by what happened in your relationship.

• I dont think this is true (at least not in my case). I mean, we're not in a relationship, but I'm in love with a girl for over 4 years now and I can't get over it.

• biochemistry and genetics woman have deeper feelings

• Biology mostly.

• Because guys are logic minded. look forward.. never back. An ex is just one of a bunch of exes in a guy's life.

• Bullshit.

What Girls Said 1

• This isn't always the case. I've witnessed it working out very differently in more than one situation.