How can he say it hurts him if he was the one who ended things?

Question in title. I don't understand this. Is that even possible?

He ended the relationship for reasons I'm not gonna mention because it's personal; He's been going through some rough patches in his life, work, etc. He still wants to remain friends because he still considers me a friend. In his words, "You're still my friend. I like you. I didn't end things because I hated you."

We had a great relationship and got along very well.

He said ending it was a very hard decision for him and that it pains him to end things between us.

He gave me closure, for which I'm thankful for. He's made it unable for me to hate him, even if I really wanted to :'( But still, that doesn't mean I'm hurting any less.

I'm a roller coaster of emotions right now. I'm in so much pain. So many questions... I just want my heart and mind to be quiet already! :'( :'( :'(

Bump?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It's kind of like having to say goodbye to a close friend who hurt you badly in some way. They love you and care about you, however either you're bad for them, or they're bad for you, forcing them to end things. Even when the person needs to say goodbye and actually does it, they never actually want to. They do it because they have to, and it really hurts to know that they must end something that is good or something that was once good but is now bad. The nostalgia that people can feel can bring a person to tears, as that once great memory of something has now crumbled to dust, and that's always painful to know.

• What you said reminds me of this saying that i saw some time ago...
      www.lovethispic.com/.../...-t-Mean-I-Wanted-To.jpg

• Anyway, thank you for responding and for your kind words.

• Always happy to help a friend in need

Most Helpful Girl

• Because he does care. But just because you love a person, doesn't mean you have to be with them. If he has a lot of problems that will cause the issues with the relationship, then better now that wait it out until it becomes so unhealthy. At that point. If he already knew he had issues, why did he get into dating you in the first place? That is what I would like to know. However, at the same time, I don't think being in contact is the right decision right now. I'm not saying that you should cut all contact. I'm saying that until you get yourself and emotions on healthier levels, you need to separate from him for the time.

• We started dating in 2015. Things were fine then. He started having these rough patches, i. e. Financial problems, sometimes Aug 2016.

• He can't handle it and the stress load of the relationship in general.

• Yea :( unfortunately, not.