Will I ever get over him?

My ex and I have been on and off for months but this time it seems like it is really over. I love him but he has hurt me a lot. I don't understand why I was never enough for him. I sometimes think I'm over him but then something reminds me of him and I get so sad and I just want to be with him again. I want to get over him but it seems like I can't. I'm talking to this guy and he is great but way older than me but I like him. But I always am still thinking about my ex

• no
    Vote A
  • maybe
    Vote B
  • yes
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• you will get over him, dont worry, just give it some time, by the way he was a shitty asshole who didn't deserved you.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Dude you always give the best advice

• haha no prob my friend.
      just give it some time, time almost heals everything, just keep yourself busy in doing things you like, and also start exercising, it helps with mental health a lot

• Ok thank you

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• -Get out there and continue to your social life. New locations. New people.
    -Meet new people as you are doing and interact openly and freely.
    -Keep busy with daily activities. Work. education, sign in classes. Keep yourself busy.
    -Give yourself some time and space. Your mind needs time to recover. Time is key solve of many issues. So you give it time and don't pressurize yourself.
    -Try to keep yourself distracted. Have more fun in your life. Do what makes you happy and bring you in cheers. Hiking? movies? clubbing? anything that keeps you happier.
    -Throw out anything that reminds you of him. Piece of music he used to love. His cloths and any sort of accessory and equipment.

Face facts:
    -He is your ex for a reason.
    -You are heart broken. You don't wanna be with someone who broke your heart. Simply he doesn't deserve you.
    -You shouldn't care about someone who doesn't care about you. If you not enough for him, you deserve someone who cherish your value.

YES you can get over him. Just continue living. Keep in mind the pain that he caused you. Enjoy life on your own and give an opportunity to new people in your life.
    This is an emotional attachment and an instinctive desire/crave but as time goes on you will slowly become more independent to move on. It's like a grieve process. Just let the time do it's work till you find yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • We're the same age, and I don't think you can see it now but I doubt you'll still be salty over the guy at 25, 30, or even 50. You might even be over him by the time you reach 20. Trust me, you'll get past this. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • The only way to heal a broken heart, is to have time heal it. I understand what you're going through I dated my ex for 2.7 years and it took me 5 months to get over her.

1|0
    0|0
  • as the hodge twins would say time heals all wounds

1|0
    0|0
  • u will get over him!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• U will, I assure you. It's hard initially but eventually ull b completely fine but ya ull miss him a bit but not as much as u miss him now. Don't worry ull get over it. And most of the times when you think it's over, it's not! He will b back for sure

1|0
    0|1
  • time solves everything

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes