Did I screw up too hard? Is it really over?

My ex girl and I are both 16, juniors in high school. Our relationship lasted about a year and seemed very happy. I love her a lot and she seemed to love me too. However, a month ago out of the blue, she broke up with me. We had an argument the night before; she said I wasn't the person she thought I was. I begged her that night to take me back, but to no avail. We didn't talk for about 3 weeks. When we got back from Christmas break, she came to me and asked me how I was doing. She said she missed me; wanted to have me in her life again, but just as a friend. She did say, that if I played my cards right, there was a chance we could get back together. What I didn't know, however, is that she had started hanging with one of our mutual friends, who's a freshie in college. He has been spending a lot of time with her, taking her for dinner, to see a comedian...
I asked her if she liked him, and she said as a friend. So I did my best to stay cool. She began putting me second as a friend, and I started to feel hurt, but I did my best to stay loyal. However, on Friday, I was forced into a sticky situation concerning her, and I told her a lie trying to protect her. When she figured it out, she FLIPPED. She said she was tired of waiting for me to change and wasn't going to let me walk all over her anymore. She said she didn't hate me, but I had to leave her be. She then blocked my Insta and number to prevent me from reaching her. We see each other everyday. I'm trying to be mature, and I smile and say "hi" when we pass in the hall, which is usually ignored or rewarded with a cold stare. She won't talk to me at all, even though in our classes we sit right next to each other.
She's still going out with that other guy, and she talks about her plans with him right in front of me. I know she's trying to make me jealous, but I think I do a pretty good job of hiding that.
So really, my question is... what's up? Is this girl over me? Does she still love me? Or has she moved on?

74

Most Helpful Girl

• Walk away. That is not just trying to make you jealous, but she is being highly disrespectful to you. And I suggest that you don't tolerate it and move on. You don't need her. You need to just get yourself in order. She says how you won't change, but what is she doing worth and deserving for you to change? In fact, what is it that she is saying that you need to change? What is so bad that she can't even tell you if she never did? See, if she never told you then she's doing this to herself, and she needs to grow up. I say cut off being her friend, she is highly immature. No doubt this new relationship of hers is not going to last either. I know what kind of girl she is. And it isn't who you need. It's the type that walks over you when they see their not getting the results they want.

• You make a good point. Believe me, I have been trying to get over her, but it never seems to work. I wake up at night thinking about her, even though she probably isn't doing the same for me. And it really hurts knowing I would do pretty much anything for her when the most she'll do for me is scowl. Why is she acting like this? During our relationship, she was very mature; that was part of the reason I was so attracted to her.

• She gave you the best version of herself, but you didn't see the real her until now. It's always an act until you see how they really react to things. I say that you dodged a bullet. She is not as mature as she makes out. A mature person wouldn't dump you over trivial matters. Nor do this after the break up. They work with you to change and they too equally change. And they don't try to make you jealous when things don't go their way. They be civil with you. You feel for a fake.