Guys, Guys: Why do you delete your ex off social media?

Backstory: I broke up with my ex... I admit, a week later, yeah it was a little irrational but ultimately it had to be done. The reason was because we never saw each other and it just felt unequal in efforts. So, when I broke up with him... he ghosted. I literally have no idea if he's alive or dead (when clearly he's alive.. i just mean he's literally cut all ties with me {some people have been v confused by when i say that?}) Abyway, within 2 days of breaking up and not hearing two words from him, not even a "yes, we need to split up," he deleted me on snapchat. Any ideas why he did this? Some say it's because it's "good riddance" others say it's because he's "hurt and can't stand to see me" on social media.

Ok, now for general sense. Why do you delete your ex from social media? I would do it in the idea of moving on and being hurt.
Curious and looking for some ideas :) Honest guy talk, to a girl
4