Today I was dumped by my boyfriend. How do I get over it?
I have already ate a tub of ice cream, watched sad movies and cried my eyes out.
What do I do?
Most Helpful Guy
the test comes 3months into the break up... if you know you deserve better n you really wanna move on... then test yourself.
1. accept that its over n learn to rejoice what you had (people tend to see what they had n start asking themselves "then why is it over"... learn to appreciate n be Thankful that you had what you had... n that you've just discovered its not permanent... but things continue, life goes on.
2. get a friend to take you through this... a close one that won't judge you n you can open up to him/her totally... then tell your friend to be responsibility partner (they'll be there to make sure you don't fuck up n do crazy shit like texting/calling.
3. don't try to forget the guy... people spend so much time thinking if forgetting someone when the more you're focussed on him (whether to forget him or not) you're giving him priority... just accept you might not forget about him... people always remember their exes... so save your energy... don't try so hard to forget him... eventually he becomes less n less important n you find yourself sort of forgetting them.
4. very important... n it will be very hard but cut off all contacts... n I mean all even if he texts you... don't start thinking he's regretting n wants me back... it may seem like he wants you back but he should have thought of that before dumping you... so cut off all contacts.
5. keep yourself busy... enroll in an acting class/pottery class/hobby... anything you like doing its a fun way to pass time n also meet other people.
6. give it time... don't rush it cz you think I should be over him by now... there's nothing like that... give yourself time to heal... otherwise it will just be a cycle of you tryna fix through dating.1
Most Helpful Girl
Put that tub of ice cream away as you will soon feel bad about how you look when the calories add up. Don't watch sad movies, though they connect with you, but they make you cry. Instead, show your ex that you aren't that easy to beat and cry and instead focus on yourself. Do things that you haven't done in awhile. Show him what he is missing, but don't do it for him, do it for you. Pamper yourself, treat yourself the way you would treat a boyfriend. Your person has been with you since birth, so you need to show it your apprecition. And the benefit to that is you will learn a lot more about yourself and learn to appreciate yourself. If you see a problem with yourself, work on it, if you see something you dislike take it out and/or put something that you love back in. Make yourself a better person than you were when you dated your ex. Become the person you wanted to be. So put away the ice cream and the next saddestg movie of 2016 and listen.
Go out with your friends and enjoy your life, take out things that make you think of your boyfriend and treat him like he wasn't all that. Think of it as, you've lived so long without him from birth, you can do that again. Focus on yourself and do things you enjoy that makes you happy. Find a guy who wants to be with you and won't dump you, and kudos to you if you get over your ex and get a date before he does. Then he'll be jealous, but don't do things to make him jealous, it won't be fair to the other, but do things because you know you want this, that you want to be happy. If you know what you want, get it, don't hold back. Use your breakup as a way to understand yourself and love yourself. If you don't you'll never get over him, and he'll win. Guys get over girls after a break up faster as they don't usually hold on to emotional factors to a person as long as a girl does depending on how long they have dated. I'm not saying that he doesn't care for you, but I am saying that he may move on faster than you.
Gawd, this was a jumble, but to shorten it, learn to love yourself and take care of yourself like you did with your ex when you both were dating. Don't let him bring down who you are, but instead show him the person that is strong enough to get over him and to move on with life. Believe me, people who do that than dwell on the past are much more happier than the latter who doesn't. I hope this helps:)1
- Show AllShow Less