He got upset and stopped talking to me, sent him too many texts, should I send one last one aplogizing for sending too many and leave it at that?

I met a guy and we became close and it was amazing and he said how I am special to him and he cared about me, I felt the same and told him but we decided to be friends. Him because we live long distance and me because I did not feel worth or ready for more than friends. I started to realize how happy I was with him, when he started telling me he was happy and being more romantic with his words, I got nervous I wasn't good enough for him or ready for a relationship. I tried to end the friendship and told him if there was anyone else that I do not want to get in the way of his chance for a relationship he may be looking for. That was almost a month ago and since then he has not responded to any attempts I have made. The first week or so I sent him about five texts, explaining I think he is wonderful but I just want to be friends because I realize I don't want to lose him in my life. Then the next couple of weeks I sent a few more, here and there saying hello, then an email telling him I was sorry and I don't want to lose him. I have never before tried to reach out to a guy like this and I usually end things and just move on with no contact and don't want to contact. That I still want to talk to him tells me how much he means to me but he is gone. Do I just let him go with him not even saying good bye, which I do not know why he would not even just tell me to stop or say bye, or do I send one last message to apologize if I bothered him with reaching out so much? In total it was in total like eight or nine texts and one email throughout three weeks that I messaged him with no reply. It is not like me and it is because I made a mistake, wanted to apologize and I care. What is best to do now? Thank you for your help

24

Most Helpful Guy

• From his perspective: you freaked out, started talking about not deserving him, and he may have thought that it was a "nicer" way of you saying that you do not want him. He may have also realized that if you sincerely feel that way, that you are not ready for a relationship and he is better off moving on with his life. Even though your relationship did not really take on a life, once he decided that he wanted you as more than a friend, he became incapable of backing up and just being friends again.

You had a chance but you don't always get a second chance. You need to work on your self-esteem before you even talk to someone else about a relationship. You didn't do this intentionally or consciously, but the result is that you played with his emotions, he got hurt, and he doesn't want to hear from you any more. Don't play with anyone else's feelings. Don't talk about relationships unless you are ready to commit.