He got upset and stopped talking to me, sent him too many texts, should I send one last one aplogizing for sending too many and leave it at that?

I met a guy and we became close and it was amazing and he said how I am special to him and he cared about me, I felt the same and told him but we decided to be friends. Him because we live long distance and me because I did not feel worth or ready for more than friends. I started to realize how happy I was with him, when he started telling me he was happy and being more romantic with his words, I got nervous I wasn't good enough for him or ready for a relationship. I tried to end the friendship and told him if there was anyone else that I do not want to get in the way of his chance for a relationship he may be looking for. That was almost a month ago and since then he has not responded to any attempts I have made. The first week or so I sent him about five texts, explaining I think he is wonderful but I just want to be friends because I realize I don't want to lose him in my life. Then the next couple of weeks I sent a few more, here and there saying hello, then an email telling him I was sorry and I don't want to lose him. I have never before tried to reach out to a guy like this and I usually end things and just move on with no contact and don't want to contact. That I still want to talk to him tells me how much he means to me but he is gone. Do I just let him go with him not even saying good bye, which I do not know why he would not even just tell me to stop or say bye, or do I send one last message to apologize if I bothered him with reaching out so much? In total it was in total like eight or nine texts and one email throughout three weeks that I messaged him with no reply. It is not like me and it is because I made a mistake, wanted to apologize and I care. What is best to do now? Thank you for your help

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• From his perspective: you freaked out, started talking about not deserving him, and he may have thought that it was a "nicer" way of you saying that you do not want him. He may have also realized that if you sincerely feel that way, that you are not ready for a relationship and he is better off moving on with his life. Even though your relationship did not really take on a life, once he decided that he wanted you as more than a friend, he became incapable of backing up and just being friends again.

You had a chance but you don't always get a second chance. You need to work on your self-esteem before you even talk to someone else about a relationship. You didn't do this intentionally or consciously, but the result is that you played with his emotions, he got hurt, and he doesn't want to hear from you any more. Don't play with anyone else's feelings. Don't talk about relationships unless you are ready to commit.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• " You may not reoly to my texts anx ignore me but I want you to know this that i am not losing hope on you" text him this and don't bother texting again. you will get his attention soon. always works. 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you spamming him and looking for closure if you just want to be friends?

Looks like he figured out this little game you're playing and decided to cut you off. Good riddance.

0|0
    0|0
    • Beacuse I care about him, caring about someone is not a game and people make mistakes in life, we can lesrn and grow, for this I thank God.

• Don't send any more messages.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Do not text him again. You have a better chance with him by waiting for him to miss you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Stop contacting him. Men get annoyed and irritated with a female that keeps sending texts back to back. That can frustrate the guy. i dont see why you would want to be with someone who doesn't show you the same attention in return. Every text and email you send will only upset you more especially if he doesn't reply back to you. Its best to move on, the more emails and txts you send the more your chances of getting him back are slim. He may have a girlfriend or seen that the two of you were not bonding like he would like. He could be a lot of reasons as to why he is ignoring you. But that is something that you shouldn't wreck your brain over. You tried and gave it your best and now he is ignoring you. There is nothing else you can do at this point.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes