Do you guys agree that letting go of girls, sex, and falling in love can make people happier?

I noticed I have been much happier ever since I stopped falling in love and looking to get accepted by girls in anyway. I let go of girls because these days they are shallow and ignorant and even close minded. Some of them are also very rude and senseless. I have felt better in terms of mood and self-esteem and improved overall in some things in life ever since I let go. I haven't felt suicidal from insecurities given to me indirectly by them. Do you guys agree with me? Do y'all thing that letting go of women can boost happiness for some of you guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree that if you base your self worth on your successfulness with women, and subsequently become bitter and form negative feelings and biased opinions towards women as a result, then yes, it's best to back off the dating scene.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes it does. And it is a period when you also have more energy to do many more creative things.
    However, you cannot impose that as a rule.
    As you say, the point is to be happy. In times, you can certainly be happy being alone. But if you meet a girl who makes you really happy, don't let it go. Even if it turn out bad, it won't kill you and you are gonna have more good memories to keep.
    In other words, just don't sweat it. Flirting is a natural behaviour and so it should remain.

What Girls Said 9

• Some people are happier in relationships than they are being single

• I think it depends on who you actually date, there will always be unhappy times. If you date or not. That's just life

• You are young and there's so many women out there that aren't like that. My suggestion is to find you and be you. Brains don't stop developing until the age of 25 and with everything centered around social media it can be hard. DO NOT kill yourself because I promise you, you're worth it. Focus on you and you alone and someone will come along that's worth YOUR time.

• You shouldn't center your life around women, no. but not all women are shallow, ignorant and close-minded. You just haven't met the right people yet.

• I notice i feel better when i am single too.

• Depends but if it's mutual yes

• Dating in general makes people unhappy, it's scientifically proven.

• This is how every single girl trying to date feels. Trust me. Cause guys today are nightmares... anyways I believe the best love is self love. So yes!

• Absolutely. Giving up on guys does the same for some women as well... same as giving up coffee or whatever else. If it started to be detrimental to your wellbeing walking away is probably smart.

What Guys Said 11

• If you're not ready for a serious relationship, then yes, definitely let it go and be happier. But relationships aren't bad, if you find the right person to be in one with.

• Letting go of women can boost your happiness if all you cared about was trying to get their attention. It's like any other unhealthy obsession you shouldn't get into.

Focus on yourself and women actually come to you.

• I wouldn't say it makes people happier, but it can definitely make people more comfortable in their own skin.

• I think it's possible, but your reasoning is not fair to women.

• What I am trying to say is I can't take anymore rejection from them based on my appearance that I can't change. Girls and guys these days are both too complicated and look too much into external things and I don't want to part take. I didn't mean to point out women and single them out but I have gone through too much with certain people that I think like this. I apologize 😔

• I get what you're saying. I would like to get to the point you're at but it's hard to do with Social Media. You did the right thing though. No need to stress over them if they're not into you. It's a waste of time.

• I agree as because when i was your age, I was always thinking about girls and it did lead to thoughts of sadness. Fast forward and now that I am in my 30's I have just stopped thinking about sex and girls and it's works wonders for me.

• Couldn't of said it better, a free spirit is a happy spirit.

• No. Getting rid of love, and toxic people (girls or guys) - yes. But giving up on women and sex is really retarded. And as for looking to get accepted, that one was your own fault, not the girls

• Good. You're better off that way anyways, trust me.

• Yes. My happiest times were when i was a child. Before all of these stupid hormones started kicking in. Now its a constant feeling of loneliness/desperation and sadness. Wanting what i can't have.

• i notice this too. I think us guys put way to much pressure on ourselves to fall in love and chase women... it just feeds to their power. After letting go of women and focusing on my career... i have never looked back. having a great life now

• No it's is different for each person. I have never had those things and I've never really been happy. We are supposed to be able to have sex, that's why we have all the generalist we have. We are meant to procreate.

Biologically it's only for making children, but because our minds have developed he way they have, we can have choice and make different decisions.

I have a friend that's a girl, we work out together, we hang out, she cooks dinner for me sometimes. It's much different than being by yourself, rust me I was a loner for a large part of my life. We don't have any sexual relations, but I wish we did, and maybe it's my lack of understanding girls and lack of a decent life that keep me from that