How should I bring up breaking up to my boyfriend?

Don't get me wrong, I love my boyfriend, but I feel like we aren't as close as we were when we first started dating.. I'm usually the one who had to start a conversation/text (we used to text all the time), we both live far away from each other, and I just have this feeling as though the spark is gone..(it doesn't help I still have slight feelings for a friend) I know he loves me and I know it would probably really hurt him emotionally if we broke up, but I don't know what else I would do... Should I ask? And if so, how should I bring it up lightly?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you guys spend time together often? Do things together? Maybe all this is causing you two to drift apart

• We've never met in person, mostly because of money being tight and school in the way. So probably, yeah..

• O okay... try meeting up, that would definitely spark up something trust me

Most Helpful Guy

• Not lightly. Bluntly. Short and sweet. Don't draw it out... that leaves the door open. If you really feel it's over, short and sweet.

What Girls Said 1

• should spend more time together and communicate more

What Guys Said 2

• Is this something that you would do "in person?" If not, why not?

• The smalles peice of information is the biggest part of your whole story. You feel for another guy, so you justify breaking up with him because of all the little querks in the relationship. If you loved him you wouldn't break up. Did you really think the spark was going to last forever, thats not true love, true love isn't based on infatuation or feelings, complete commitment. If you can't live without him then you know you love him. Obviously you guys aren't in love.