Get Over or Get Back?

Just in general, when should you keep trying to get over someone and when should you try and get them back?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course they're are a million variables to any one situation but If after you've decompressed and had time to logically think about a break up and you still feel that you want to give it a shot, I say go for it! Don't know if the other person is gonna feel the same way but what's important is that you put your feelings first and gave it a shot. Because you are what's important always! If you tried and it was met with a disappointing negative response well then you have your answer, move on. You are going to have hard times getting over relationships, and believe me I've been there, just always know that if you truly give it a 100% and it doesn't work out then know your better off in the long run! Love isn't something you feel its something you do. And if the person your with doesn't want it, do yourself a favor and save it for someone who does. I think I strayed from your question...

I guess long answer short. Ask yourself if this person makes you a better you. That they are a person that sets a bar high and keeps you working hard for a better life together. Not to be confused with someone who you make your life, no no ... no bueno... stop that right now! View your relationship from outside yourself and list the positives and negatives. If you find more negatives than positives than that's when you know you should get over them.

What Guys Said 3

• Move on... There is no sense on trying to get someone back that has made up their mind and broke up with you, especially if it's for a stupid reason.

• Im trying to 'win her back' atm... I'm just giving her the space she wanted and seeing how things go. Its really hard when you love someone and they don't feel the same anymore for an unknown reason... :(

• My girlfriend left me almost 10 months ago after a 4 year relationship,. I tried very very hard for several months to get her back. Just to be ignored, kicked aside and forgotten. I still to this day am not over her, and I can't find any way to get over her completely.

What Girls Said 1

• well if you're trying to win her back then you need to look at what it is that she most likely really liked about you in the beginning when you first met/ hooked up. Have you changed much since then? Have you become too nice? Too clingy? Too predictable and hence she's out looking for other options? Remember girls usually want to end up with a MAN who they can fall back on... don't show signs of weakness don't be too nice too sweet and don't show her that you're falling apart without her. Also, remember that at the end of the day you only want to be with someone who really does want to be with you.