Can exs be friends?

I believe no one should he friends with their exs. it complicates things for new relationships. I won't date a guy who's friends with their exs. it's ok to be on ok terms with them if you happen to walk by them in public. but other than that just a whole lot of nope.

714

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree 100% I went through that, it ruined me. Mine is the type no matter what she does she will try to flip something around and make it your fault or just run from you. She tried to make me look like Ted Bundy but I threatened to post her nudes on facebook and she cried and begged me back into her life and blah blah blah. Well I find out she was so embarrassed by everything she never told her exes about me so her love life had a revolving door of men in it. I was honest with all my dates and they said she had to go so obviously she lost one battle and had to win the next one

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's rarely a good idea. But, it depends on the circumstances. Some people are just better as friends and aren't good in a relationship.

I'm friends with a guy who I went on two dates with when I first met him... but then we both realized there was no romantic interest on either side, and we just liked each other as people, so now we are close friends. Maybe some people would call that being friends with an ex, but to me, that doesn't really count.

If it's possible to be on peaceful friendly terms with an ex, that's better than having some sort of scorched earth hatred between you. If you can part in a friendly way and wish each other well, that's better. But if you're staying in close close contact with someone you used to be in love with? Yeah, you're not over that person, and there's an issue there that needs to be resolved.

BUT if you have kids its different. If you have kids together and you're going to be in each other's lives forever, I think it's better to be friends so that you can coparent more effectively, it's better for your kids.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE