Can exs be friends?

I believe no one should he friends with their exs. it complicates things for new relationships. I won't date a guy who's friends with their exs. it's ok to be on ok terms with them if you happen to walk by them in public. but other than that just a whole lot of nope.

0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree 100% I went through that, it ruined me. Mine is the type no matter what she does she will try to flip something around and make it your fault or just run from you. She tried to make me look like Ted Bundy but I threatened to post her nudes on facebook and she cried and begged me back into her life and blah blah blah. Well I find out she was so embarrassed by everything she never told her exes about me so her love life had a revolving door of men in it. I was honest with all my dates and they said she had to go so obviously she lost one battle and had to win the next one

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's rarely a good idea. But, it depends on the circumstances. Some people are just better as friends and aren't good in a relationship.

I'm friends with a guy who I went on two dates with when I first met him... but then we both realized there was no romantic interest on either side, and we just liked each other as people, so now we are close friends. Maybe some people would call that being friends with an ex, but to me, that doesn't really count.

If it's possible to be on peaceful friendly terms with an ex, that's better than having some sort of scorched earth hatred between you. If you can part in a friendly way and wish each other well, that's better. But if you're staying in close close contact with someone you used to be in love with? Yeah, you're not over that person, and there's an issue there that needs to be resolved.

BUT if you have kids its different. If you have kids together and you're going to be in each other's lives forever, I think it's better to be friends so that you can coparent more effectively, it's better for your kids.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I 100% agree with what you said. Been trying to preach it on here but still dumb people wanna be friends with there exes. I'll add most guys wanna be friends just to see if they can get you to hook up one last time.

1|0
    0|0
  • no they can't be. your ex is your ex for a good reason, so you should never stay in contact with him/her.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you 100% Cut off all communication and move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell, yes. My first girl and I broke up but we're still the best of friends!

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes they if they ended the relationship in good terms

0|0
    0|0
  • possible, but highly unlikely

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they choose to be, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, they can't

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Friends who fuck.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• My ex is my eldest daughter's dad, and whilst we're not "lets hang out together" friends, we are friendly. We did have a couple of years where we hated each other, but we spent a year going though court and that does that to people.
    He never used to have my main umber because I didn't want him to be able to contact me whenever - he was a pain for a long time. I had a separate phone that I only ever kept with me on Sundays, which is his day with her.
    Now we talk almost daily. He's not a bad guy and I do hope we can become better friends. I like him. Not like that anymore, but I do like him.

I've been with my partner for almost four years and he just keeps out of it. He doesn't really have an opinion about my ex, he doesn't know him. The only time it's affected our relationship is when we were going through the court stuff, but that's settled now, and hopefully one day, we'll all get along.

I do think/know exes can be friends. As long as there are boundaries and everyone knows how things stand, it doesn't have to be a major problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the break up. If it was mutual and with no hard feelings I do think that after some distance a friendship is possible.
    If one person ended it and the other didn't want to then very rarely can those transition to a friendship

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't think so, it's to much of a risk and something might go wrong so it's best not be friends especially if you're with someone new.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have an ex that I'm on good terms with, borderline friends but we don't talk much. I honestly think there's unfinished business but bc of that I dont think exes can stay just friends, if they do they still have underlying feelings for each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, they can. It's really up to that x- couple to make things work out if they want to. So yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • of corse!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes