Do you believe in giving second chances?

Would you ever get back together with an ex if you really missed the person and had the opportunity?

PLEASE EXPLAIN!

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends.
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
If someone cheated or if someone was abusive, I understand. I'm talking about other reasons...

2314

Most Helpful Guy

• second chances are necessary if your heart is in love with that person...you should NEVER jump into giving a second chance...let them prove to you that they are different and will make you happy and trust them again...go on dates here and there, hang out a little more often, make them prove to you that things are different this time around...people DO change and some deserve second chances...sometimes even more...EVERYONE learns best the hard way, its the only way someone will ever really change...

What Guys Said 13

• Yes, if circumstances forced us apart..this happens to a lot ofpeople, jobs, family issues, living in other countries. If you were attracted once, you'll probably always hit it off if you get the chance to see each other again.

So many people have been through break ups and then wound up together forever!

• Everyone deserves a second chance, even if they screw up real bad.

• yeah I think I would everyone makes mistakes/ sometimes things don't work out the first time everybody.everthing deserves a second go

• Depends, if she cheated on me then no there would be no trust. If she just needed time for herself or had move or something I would welcome her back.

• Depends if they really cared about you in the beginning

• I had my fiancee leave me b4 I went off to Basic last yr... Around Christmastime, I start getting various emails about how wrong she was... Normally, I never forgive anyone from my past... this time I did... I'm glad I did... We'll be getting married aroung October 15...

• if the person really cared about you &u too are in true love & you c his/her behavior improving then its worth giving a 2nd chance

• yeah but if I was burn pretty bad then maybe not...

• If they killed my dog! They can go to hell!

• ya if you broke up because of something that didn't have to do with abuse or cheating, give them a second chance. chances are you will learn from it and become even closer than you were before

• Might depend on how we both feel about one another, but if we were still in love wi' each other, I can see it happening. Don't do it drunk, though, that's not going to end up happy.

• As long as it's not cheating or abusive like you said in your update I don't see why not.

• No, I don't believe in a second chance. Because sooner or later she's gonna make the same mistake again, and the second time its hurt more. (I even give a third and four chance, it was a big mistake). I won't give a second chance to a girl anymore.

• I agree....the old saying learn from your mistakes is also true for learning from others mistakes. If someone cheats, lies, or hurts you then its only time, after a second chance, that they will do it again. It's called a character flaw and they can not change that. There are way to many women in the world that are looking for a guy that they will be faithful and honest to. It's far better and less hurtful if you cut ties and move on. Leave the second chance to those that haven't learned the les

What Girls Said 23

• Yup, I did it. And that was after I find out my ex slept with my best friend... it worked out great at first... but then took an even worse turn. It's over now, but it took me even longer to get over it than other relationships, just because everything got drawn out longer.

Word of advise: If they treated you poorly before, it will happen again. People don't change. Not without a LOT of time and personal self-growth. But if you miss them enough to put up with it ~ then you have your answer. Just think before hand, what do you consider is YOUR self-worth?

• Still depends on the reason... I believe in 2nd chances depending what happened, how we broke... etc. If my Ex asked me back out, I would say yes in a heart beat.

• I put yes. This is, of course, unless whoever was beating the sh*t out of you or emotionally abusing you.

I always give out second chances. Sometimes I'm rewarded, other times I ask myself why I ever thought things would change. But I'd rather hand out a second chance and take a risk than to look back and wonder what would have been.

• i think I would if I was with them when I was younger and the reasons why we weren't together anymore were less important/non existent this time around.. especially if you still have feelings that you can't seem to get over then yes I would give it another go.. :)

• yes, I would... :/ in fact, I'd give my right arm for an opportunity, because we didn't go wrong anywhere except being far apart- so there wasn't even a fair chance.

Some people, on the other hand don't deserve a second chance :(

• It depends. If the person has changed (or I have changed) in the ways that were damaging the relationship, and we were both willing to give it a second try and both had the same amount of passion for starting over.. If any of that was lacking, then no.

• People grow and change. You may be a better fit; or you may be worse off. You never know unless you try. THat said- you need to figure out why you broke up in the first place and make sure that those issues are resolved. Otherwise it's a waste of your time.

• well,... I go by "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

i'll give a second chance but not a third one, cause then it's just stupid

• Yes it depends on what the reason is. Many times when we are away from someone, we reminsce about the good times and "what we had". You have to really think about why you broke up in the first place. Is it because you grew apart, or were you in a different place in your life. If it wasn't due to a lot of fighting or major differences...i would consider it.

• Maybe. It depends on why we broke up and what has happened since. If he screwed up big time, no. But if it was more of a mutual thing or something that wasn't really anyone's fault, I would consider it.

• I would consider the idea but I would become friends first and see what happens. See depending on why you broke up questions all the things you need for an actual relationship like if you trust the person enough and stuff like that. See if you can answer those questions without being mad or upset as long as you are happy and you know the person enough I SAY WHY NOT <3 good luck

• Because no matter how bad the relationship was, people can change, everyone deserves a second chance, no matter what.

• if they cheated or were abusive no

• well, if you guys broke up for no apparent reason and you liked eachother, then yea!

But on the other hand if he did something the heck no!

• Yes, I've done it before.

It doesn't work out! you go back to fighting and how things ended the first time /:

• It's complicated with an ex. Your trust may have been shattered which is what caused the break-up. However, if you love them and they love you I don't see why use shoudn't be together.

• yes sadly I almost always give second chances. just because they reel me back in and make me have the same feelings for them that I had before

• depends but its always

forgive but never forget :)

• yes but if its because your feeling lonely no

• I'm currently in that kind of situation, my ex and I had a good relationship. We have been almost perfect if it wasn't for me and my spoiled ways. He treated me really good but I did not appreciate what I had with him and he got fed up and left me (after being together for 6 yrs, married for almost 1). I tried so hard to get him to realize I saw the mistakes I made, that things will be better, but it was to late. It took me a loooong time to come to terms with the break-up, still love him to this day. So if he wanted to try again, I honestly can't say yes right off the bat, because even though most of it was my fault for the break up, I felt he could of handle things differently and really try harder to make our marriage work. So that really hurt me (plus I had recently lost my job when that happened), so I feel like he bailed on me when times were really low. But my biggest fear is dating again, so I would give it another try, cause I know what we had, and he is a really good person, so I would be willing to do it!

• No because that person messed up and will do it again.

• Other than lying and cheating, people make mistakes. Sometimes they do or say things they don't mean. If you really love and care for them then yes giving them another chance could be a good thing. It's just something that you won't know until you give it a chance.

• I said "yes" because it sucks without him. However, if he replaced me with someone else then that's a different story