What was the first thing you did after a breakup?

and were you the breaker or breakee?

Updates:
For me, after my last relationship my friends and I went out for karaoke haha. I was the breaker. I gave him many chances but he didn't want to work them

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well last time I was in a serious relationship, my most serious relationship was one of 3 years and it happened 3 years ago. It was a mutual break up. The first thing I did was try to get my mind off it as much as I could so the first thing I did was look for a TV show to get into, I binged the entire show Dexter in less then a week

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I cried and cried, and then went out a couple of nights later and ended up having sex.. wasn't my intention but it sure worked

1|2
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• my previous relationship i was the breakee but i was actually fine with it lol i hooked up with one of my ex's friends, we had been flirting with each other for a while

1|1
    0|0
  • Cry my eyes out.

Cry some more.

2|0
    0|0
  • I asked out her friend, partly to find out why we broke up, partly because we always had a quiet flirtation going ourselves! Now we are married.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always drink.

I've been on both ends.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ate icecream, gym, clubbing, I'm the breakee.

0|0
    0|0
  • I went to Disneyland

1|0
    0|0
  • When I do the breaking up I usually feel free after the event.
    When I get broken up with I usually just focus on my life until the funk passes.

0|0
    0|0
  • drink lots of beer
    i was breaker

1|0
    0|0
  • Had a drink with the boys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat chicken

1|0
    0|0
  • tried to kill my self, it was my first love.

0|0
    0|0
    • and her name is Gabriele like urs huh..

• First thing I did was a girl that friendzoned me years ago.

I was dumpee.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 20

• I was the breaker. Brought myself a mountain bike and stayed healthy

1|1
    0|0
  • Um.. cry? Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I was the breakee and I cried my little eyes out and packed up my things and went home to my family for a few days. (I live at college)

1|0
    0|0
  • I was the breakee and at first I cried for a few days, then I went out and got my hair done and spent a lot of time with my friends until I got over him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just went through a breakup about 3 weeks ago, and it still hurts. I do feel better right now compared to 3 weeks ago, but there are still days that I'd cry myself to sleep or wake up crying.
    First thing I did? Well, I was at work when he broke up with me so first thing I did was close the office door and cried while he was talking with me on the phone.
    In case it wasn't obvious already, I was the breakee (I've always been the breakee in all the relationships I've been in), and I guess that's why it's been really hard on me :( I think it usually (a bit) easier on the breaker. I may be wrong, but that's how I've always felt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm always the breaker, usually I'll breathe a huge sigh of relief and that's about it. Just go about my life lol

1|0
    0|0
  • As the breakee, I went out with my friends and had a lot of fun, listened to sad/upbeat music, and they just helped me out a lot getting over him!

1|0
    0|0
  • I ate macdonalds and then had a nice relaxing bath when I got home.

1|0
    0|0
  • eat a lot of ice cream...

1|1
    0|0
  • Cry for a few days and listen to some love songs and how songs and think how sad and pathetic my life is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how the breakup happened

1|0
    0|0
  • Cried for a couple of days then unfriended him in fb then stop texting him anymore. And told my closest friend what has happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • I said oh well and hung out with my best friend

1|0
    0|0
  • I lied down and cried on the couch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Found a new man to get under for fun and start working on myself again.

0|0
    0|0
  • ask my friends whose fault is it, then go shopping and eat with them

0|0
    0|0
  • Delete my pictures of them on my phone. Got drunk and went out with friends :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I had hair cut , my hair was on my waist since my childhood and i had them really short

0|0
    0|0
  • Get a new boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Cry, then I cut all contact and got rid of anything of sentimental value. That helped me to let go. After letting go I was able to move on

1|0
    0|0