Would you remain friends with your ex and still do couple-y things?

My ex and I broke up almost a year ago, no third parties involved, we just fell out of love. We've dated and slept with other people after the break up and managed to remain friends.

We slept together last Christmas, but didn't repeat the deed (I really liked this other guy & just didn't felt like having sex with someone else, including my ex)

Although my ex and I still hang out, watch movies, sleep over at each other's place from time to time. I would even call hin
over and ask for cuddles on my down days. Is this normal? Have you been in the same situation? Do you see anything wrong with what we are doing?

197

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well my ex is trying to do something like that with me, but I turned it down because it just isn't something I would want. If neither one of you are seeing people, I guess it's up to you if you want to continue doing this, and if you're ok with possibly just only being in a more of a friends with benefits type of thing

What Guys Said 6

• It will be quite an impediment to convincing another guy that you want HIM and not your ex. I would never even date a girl if I knew she was doing this.

• Hell no and wouldn't get involved with a girl who does this. Exes are exes for a reason. Dont be friends with them!. You know why he wanted to remain friends. Christmas. He wants to keep you on the side just to fuck. This is wrong on so many levles. You won't have another healthy relationship until you end things complete with your ex.

• Yeah, it completely sucks. Like what, either is some kind a reject leftover? Like dried on food on a plate?

• Well it's like you're still together, but not really.

• I have an ex like that. We still cuddle and talk and hangout and spend the night at each other's houses sometimes (we just watch movies and stay up way to late. No sex). Its just nice to have someone like that without relationshop stress

• i think this is cruel and doubt he shares the same feeling as you do.. you are essentially preventing him from moving on

What Girls Said 18

• I've not personally done this and I can't say it'd be something I'd consider. I don't offer up affection in that caliber to someone I'm not in a real relationship with unless I'm intending to be in a relationship with them.

• As long you're not married or living with your boyfriend you should be good

• It was all normal until you said you cuddle would you want to date a person who cuddles with other people? I used to do the same thing with my ex but that's a full relationship adults dont need a "Will you be my " it's fluid it just is what it is and as long as it is you can't be friends cut it out

• HELL no that hurts people dude. Someones bound to harbor some feelings from the past. Cut it off D:. What will you do when you find someone else?

• No.. my ex stays an ex. You guys still have feelings for each other

• Hell no, I wouldn't be friends with him. (a bit hostile towards them, you can proably tell why without me telling you lol).

its not normal for a lot of people, but it happens.

• I think you both love each other. I never been friends with my x's. Until I am totally healed.
    If you both have a current relationship now it would be unfair for them that you are still doing those things that only bf/gf does.

• Sounds like a pair of people I used to know. Cockblocked each other for years. I'm fine with occasionally catching up with an ex but I don't cuddle with the enemy.

• I would, but one is an ass hole and the other is becoming female. Kinda puts a wrench in the works

• It's not wrong if you're not seeing other people already. It sounds like you still like each other to me.

• It depends on why me and that ex broke up. I still got a ex that I still remain friends with.

• yes and thats unfair to your current boyfriend and its just a habit that u need to get rid of

• this is what i would do, as hard as it would be, i would have to move on. not saying act bitter or anything, if we happen to run into each other while out and about i would say hi and thats it , but we wouldn't be doing things together.

• Me and my ex are doing this too and i can't seem to udnerstand it. I think in the case where you both fell out of love, you both hate yourselves inside for doing it because you crave the relationship back, so you decide to have all the benefits still.

• There's nothing wrong with what you're doing- but it kind of seems like you're in a somewhat friends with benefits relationship. You've only had sex once after the break up but you still rely on each other for that companionship. Just be careful because one of you can end up having feeling again and the other one may not respond to those feelings.

• I would never be friends with my exs but that's just me

• no, i tried it n didn't work

• No I would not