Does my ex possibly want me back?

My boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me about a month ago. We have no ties to each other, no kids or anything. He broke up with me because we were fighting so much recently. We both had horrible childhoods but he says he went to counseling years ago for it. I had traits from both parents that I didn't realize I had and it was making him feel like crap pretty much. I am now in counseling for about a month now. He got me a phone on his contract after we broke up and is paying it for me, he calls almost every day, and still offers to do things for me. I don't know what to think about it. I love him very much and was wondering if maybe he is possibly wanting to get back together or is he just being nice?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Typically "being nice" doesn't involve getting someone a cellphone and putting them on your contract... I'd guess he wants something more than friendship...

• That's what I was thinking, but he says he doesn't think he can get over all that has happened. He says he doesn't think he can give me another chance.

What Girls Said 1

• I have been in this situation with my current partner. We split for three years then got back together! I was honest and told him simply that I thought we could give 'us' another go. I suggested that it probably wouldn't be easy and old traits would be likely to re-appear but I thought it was worth rolling the dice to find out. To my amazement he said he'd been thinking this for 3 years and didn't know what the hell to do about it! We are still together albeit it will never be easy, we argue and are very similar in personality and stubborness. BUT, we are soul mates and I love him dearly.

Go for it! xxx

• I'm really hoping that he does still want to be with me. I am trying to be patient and give him plenty of space. This was the second time for us, but the first didn't really count because it wasn't really given a full chance. I just keep hoping that since he came back once he will again