I feel like such a bad guy.

Okay, so there are this group of girls who I think like me or at least are infatuated with me. For some reason I find myself a little creeped out by them because they are not the best looking, and also have just creepy personalities.The four of them are all really quiet, and they just seem to stare at me or just off into space, and they all seem really nervous. I feel bad though because my friends say I should ask one of them out, but I say no, but I never say why. This is why I feel so bad because I feel like I am shallow. While their personality is not the greatest, a guy like me isn't exactly going to get the best possible girl. Yet I still have a dim hope that someone better than these girls will come along and like me as more than a friend. Anyways, am I shallow for not liking the 4 girls I mentioned at the beginning of my question? Its not like all I want is some hot girl.I want brains and personality and looks, yet I know as an average looking guy I don't have a chance with a girl who has it all. So should I just swallow my pride and go out with these girls even if they aren't the greatest, or just reject them and possibly be single for the rest of my life.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not a bad person for not likeing them...Just go up to them and tell them you are not interested in them, there is no rule saying you have to date them doesn't make you shallow, and trust me you will have more girl's that like you besides them... Just ignore them they will get the point.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think that makes you a bad guy. You have to have at least some attraction to a person. People always say looks don't matter... but to a certain degree they matter to everyone. I wouldn't ask one out just because your friends says to. You are certainly not going to be single for the rest of your life so don't worry about that. There are millions of other girls and you should hold out for one that you really want to be with.

• It's not your fault that you're not attracted to them. Don't do something just to prove yourself the point that you're not shallow, that's shallow in itself and going out on a date with one of them would be heart breaking to them when they find out you don't like one of them. And just because you reject them does not mean you will be single the rest of your life. A little dramatic are we?

• Its just that I'm 21 and I've never had a date let alone a girlfriend. Maybe I just have to fake that I am in love so I'm not alone, and hopefully I'll grow to love them. I don't want to be single until I'm 40. My dad was 45 when he married my 38 year old mother, and he died when I was 16. I don't want something like that to happen to me. I don't want to get married at 40 and die between 55-60, I know it might not happen, but my dad and everyone on his side had the same cancer at teh same age

• okay first of all, if you don't want to ask them out, its fine. your not obligated to. just try to befriend them talk to them and let em down easy. and second, someone will come along. don't sweat it. aight? hope I helped! :D

What Guys Said 1

• "I know as an average looking guy I don't have a chance with a girl who has it all"

That is actually the reason why you won't get the "girl of your dreams", your confidence (or lack there of). You may have not noticed but the guys with the "best looking girls" aren't always the best looking guys. In fact, most of the time I'd say they are just average looking guys, but they have the confident attitude to get the girl.

But anyway, back to your question. No, you're not shallow for feeling this way. I don't think anyone should ever go out with someone just because you feel bad/sorry for them. That's only giving the other person false hope. You're entitled to have your own wants and desires in life and shouldn't feel bad for not settling for less than what you want.