Is it fair to break up with my boyfriend because I feel like the relationship is not progressing?

He didn't do anything wrong. In fact, he was an awesome boyfriend. However, being together for 2 years, I feel so stagnant. We spend holidays seperately all the time, he's only met my parent once or twice!! He literally only met my best friend recently for one night. I love him so much and I know he has just as much feelings for me as I have for him. He always talks about our future together and stuff like that, but I just don't see it anymore.

I broke up with him 2-3 days ago on the phone. He hasn't called me back since. I feel like I really hurt his feelings bad... but this has been on my mind since the holidays when I just realized how we have been together this long without any progression. Im not talking about marriage or anything like that. Im 22 and he's 24. I just want to see the relationship progress a little. Was this a fair reason to break up?

53

Most Helpful Guy

• then you why didn't took the first step, and start the progress if you're still care about him?
    you're not perfect, and NO ONE PERFECT.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you could have been better if you told him about how you felt face to face instead of through the phone... :( but if you felt like you don't feel the same about him anymore it's not wrong to break up...