Is it fair to break up with my boyfriend because I feel like the relationship is not progressing?

He didn't do anything wrong. In fact, he was an awesome boyfriend. However, being together for 2 years, I feel so stagnant. We spend holidays seperately all the time, he's only met my parent once or twice!! He literally only met my best friend recently for one night. I love him so much and I know he has just as much feelings for me as I have for him. He always talks about our future together and stuff like that, but I just don't see it anymore.

I broke up with him 2-3 days ago on the phone. He hasn't called me back since. I feel like I really hurt his feelings bad... but this has been on my mind since the holidays when I just realized how we have been together this long without any progression. Im not talking about marriage or anything like that. Im 22 and he's 24. I just want to see the relationship progress a little. Was this a fair reason to break up?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• then you why didn't took the first step, and start the progress if you're still care about him?
    you're not perfect, and NO ONE PERFECT.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you could have been better if you told him about how you felt face to face instead of through the phone... :( but if you felt like you don't feel the same about him anymore it's not wrong to break up...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• try to tell him what you just told us... if you feel there is no chance at a single change then yeah... it is alright to leave him

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, it's not a fair reason.

0|0
    1|1

What Girls Said 4

• If you want a change, then you co
    should discuss it with him. If you two truly believe that what you have is truly love (sorry for cheesiness), then you shouldn't hold back what you think. What you tell us, tell him. What you're scared of saying, you shouldn't be. There needs to be an understanding: he doesn't need to agree with everything, he just needs to understand your part, express his own and be able to come to a mutual agreement with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "a fair reason." Your entitled to your own opinion and feelings. If this is how you felt then that's okay and it makes complete and total sense to end the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's a valid reason. He doesn't seem to want to progress at your pace.

0|0
    0|0
  • this is your personal opinion, none of us can tell you if your right or wrong, you've made the decision already so just leave it at that

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes