My girlfriend decided we should break up because of religious differences. Should I fight for her or let her go?

My girlfriend and I were together for 6 months, everything was great, we resonated with each other and always had fun and we're happy together. She was amazing, and we felt so strongly for one another. She wanted me to convert to Jehovahs witnesses so we could be together, I guess she felt our relationship was wrong according to her beliefs because she is a baptized practitioner since the age of 15 and I wasn't. She's 22 , Her friends, sister and mother are also Jehovah's witnesses and her father is a catholic , which doesn't make sense to me. Although I too am a Christian but from a different denomination I told her I couldn't be a Jehovah's Witness. I don't agree with their system. She broke into tears and tried convincing me relentlessly to become a Jehovah's Witness, but it's just not my thing. I'm very happy with my spiritual
Beliefs and I love God and I love her and she states she loves me but she's so mentally conflicted. She says she wants this relationship so badly and loves me so much but is still letting it go. I'm so confused about her. Ultimately If we love each other I don't see how that one difference means we can't be together. She wanted to be friends but I don't want to be her friend, don't really believe in being friends with someone you were romantically involved with. We have had no contact for a few days now and I'm debating if I should reach out to her and fight for her or just let it be.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• dont give up the true gospel for anyone. you have to trust Jesus to get you through and find someone you are compatible spiritually with. she's in a cult dude. let it go. you will get over it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

What Girls Said 2

• Religion shouldn't be the decider of a relationship. You have different beliefs she needs to accept that or leave. And the same goes for you. You shouldn't have to alter your own beliefs for her because you're not asking it of her you just let her do what she does so she has no right asking that of you. That being said if you have this much trouble now it would be pretty horrible to bring kids into the mix because one will say this and this should be done and the other would say something else or their opinion would be invalid because they're religion might be "lesser" in the eyes of the other...

If it's meant to be it will work out. If not obviously her priorities are wrong.

1|1
    0|0
  • To me i ain't let this thing come between me

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• You can always try but if she's not going to accept you for who you are and that she can't change you all you can do is move on.

0|1
    0|0
  • This sucks dude but if she can't accept your decision it won't go away. She'll continue to try to change your mind

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes